Technical Director, Lighting
This was removed by the employer on 12/7/2021 3:58:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Technical Director, Lighting jobs in Emeryville-CA
Search all Technical Director, Lighting postings
Full Time Job
Technical Director, Lighting (Project)
• Responsible for lighting and compositing sequences and shots within the designated film style, under the guidance of the Lighting Director of Photography and the Lighting Leads
• Translate reference materials; color scripts, art and photo reference, continuity, into final imagery
• Identify needs for tools and processes, and work with Lighting Leads to implement or find workarounds
• Collaborate with and participate in creative and technical discussions with team members and other departments
• Work with Lightspeed to optimize shot work
• Experience in Katana, Nuke, Renderman and high-end 3D production pipeline
• Production experience with 3D lighting and compositing
• Strong eye for color, composition and lighting design
• Experience with scene management, complex setups and lights
• Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
• Creative problem solving skills
• Knowledge of Python scripting, C++, and other coding languages is a plus
About Pixar Animation Studios:
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. The Northern California studio has created some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including ''Toy Story,'' ''Monsters, Inc.,'' ''Cars,'' ''The Incredibles,'' ''Ratatouille,'' ''WALL• E,'' ''Up,'' ''Toy Story 3,'' ''Brave,'' ''Inside Out,'' and ''Coco.'' Its movies have won 35 Academy Awards® and have grossed more than $13 billion at the worldwide box office to date.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.