Technical Director, Global Technology
Full Time Job
• Work with creative and technical leads to develop, debug, or extend programs for feature film production in areas such as:
• Digital models
• Digital shaders
• CGI effects
• Production pipeline software
• Ensure that the result functions in accordance with specifications, including, where applicable, performance, user interface, aesthetics, and robustness
• Review and revise the result with the Director and the creative or technical lead
• Maintain and enhance completed results. Provide technical support to users. Produce author related documentation
• A good understanding of 3D computer graphics theory and practice is required.
• An understanding of composition, physical motion, weight, balance, texture and form is required
• Strong programming skills in the UNIX/Linux environment are required. Experience with scripting languages, especially Python, or high-level languages such as C++, is required
• Experience with CGI production packages such as Maya, Houdini and RenderMan is required
• Education in computer science, mathematics, physics, architecture, or engineering is preferred
• Experience with film, games, or other graphics production experience is preferred
• Good written and verbal communication skills are required
• Must be able to work alone and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadline pressure
• Must be open to direction and able to embrace change
About Pixar Animation Studios:
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. The Northern California studio has created some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including ''Toy Story,'' ''Monsters, Inc.,'' ''Cars,'' ''The Incredibles,'' ''Ratatouille,'' ''WALL• E,'' ''Up,'' ''Toy Story 3,'' ''Brave,'' ''Inside Out,'' and ''Coco.'' Its movies have won 35 Academy Awards® and have grossed more than $13 billion at the worldwide box office to date.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.