Research Intern - Summer
Full Time Paid Internship
• Assist in the development, prototyping, and testing of new computer graphics algorithms
• Participation in transfer of new technology to rest of the studio
• Rapidly implement and test new algorithms
• 1+ years of research experience desirable
• You have excellent problem-solving skills
• You have a deep understanding of mathematical algorithms and computer graphics
• You possess outstanding communication skills and ability to work well with a wide range of personality types
• You have solid software engineering skills with expertise in C, C++, and Python
• You have prior experience in or knowledge of one of the following areas preferred: Maya plugin development, GPU programming, machine learning, physical simulation, or geometry processing
• You are available to work full-time Mon-Fri for 12 consecutive weeks between May – Sept
• You already possess the legal right to work in the United States
• You must be at least a junior in college working towards a BS/BA, MS/MA or PhD
• Recent grads who are within the first year post graduation are eligible to apply
• You must provide a short personal statement (200 words or less) clarifying which area is of interest to you -- Machine Learning, Rendering, Physical Simulation or Geometry Processing -- and your preference to research a problem or implement a technique during your time as a Research Intern at Pixar
• Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor student / intern visas at this time
Submission Process and Application Materials:
• Attach a single PDF containing your cover letter, resume, personal statement clarifying your preference in doing research or implementation
• Due to the large number of submissions, we are unable to respond to requests for updates. You will receive notification of our receipt of your application and when the hiring process is completed.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, February 13, 2022
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.