Summer Intern - Undergraduate Program
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Pixar Undergraduate Program (PUP) - Summer 2021
• You are exploring a career as a Technical Director at an animation studio
• You have an interest in or experience with programming in C/C++
• You are familiar with using a 3D software program such as Maya; knowledge of Python a plus
• You are someone who enjoys photography, art, sculpture, modeling, sewing, costume design, painting, and/or filmmaking
• You are at the beginning of your undergraduate academic career and will be returning to school following the internship
• You are able to submit examples of your work showing us your sense of aesthetic including photographs, paintings, drawings, printmaking, flatwork, and/or other dimensional work, or any examples of live-action or animated film or video you have made. Additionally, if you have written software tools, we highly encourage you to include coding samples on your demo reel
• You are available to work full-time Mon - Fri from Mon 6.7.21- Fri 8.27.21
• You already possess the legal right to work in the United States
Traditional Academic Paths:
• You are a sophomore or a junior pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Graphics, Digital Art, Art or a related field
Less Traditional Professional Paths:
Pixar recognizes that obtaining skills and knowledge may take different forms and has expanded intern eligibility to include additional life experiences including:
• Career Transition: those whose previous work/academic experiences differ vastly from animation, VFX, gaming and other computer graphics focused industries
• Armed Forces: those who have served in the armed forces and are in a retraining program
• Home Schooled: those who are self-taught via an alternative educational path
Submission Process and Application Materials:
• Apply online at pixar.com – no submissions accepted via mail or in person
• Attach a single PDF file containing your cover letter and resume. A letter of recommendation from a professor, instructor, or former employer is optional. If you choose to submit one, please include it in the PDF file along with your resume and cover letter
• Provide a link to your online demo reel in the "Demo Reel'' section of the application. If it has a password, please be sure to include an accurate password
• Due to the high volume of submissions, we are not able to provide feedback nor are we able to respond to requests for application status. You will be notified when there is an update on your application
• In submitting your application, you are agreeing to the terms of our Submission Release Form. Without this, we are unable to consider your application
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, February 14, 2021
Note: Due to the ongoing global pandemic, we do not yet know whether internships will be onsite or virtual. This will be determined Spring 2021.
About Pixar Animation Studios:
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. The Northern California studio has created some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including ''Toy Story,'' ''Monsters, Inc.,'' ''Cars,'' ''The Incredibles,'' ''Ratatouille,'' ''WALL• E,'' ''Up,'' ''Toy Story 3,'' ''Brave,'' ''Inside Out,'' and ''Coco.'' Its movies have won 35 Academy Awards® and have grossed more than $13 billion at the worldwide box office to date.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.