Summer Intern - Animation
This was removed by the employer on 2/15/2021 5:52:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Summer Intern - Animation jobs in Emeryville-CA
Search all Summer Intern - Animation postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Summer Intern - Animation? Job Summary:
Pixar offers an exciting internship program intended to give students valuable ''hands on'' experience and exposure to our production environment. This is an excellent opportunity for students to learn from working professionals – to experience firsthand ''a day in the life of a Pixar Animator." Through our extensive 12-week, classroom-based animation training course, animation interns will work in collaboration with mentors to do the following:
• Using our proprietary animation software, your acting skills and animation abilities will be supported and challenged as you work through a set of assignments beginning with the bouncing ball and ending with a full body acting shot
• Gain knowledge of the production pipeline process
• Attend animation dailies
• You demonstrate a deep understanding of traditional animation principles and have a demo reel showing your application of the principles to tell a story with meaning through movement
• You have the ability to use acting skills that bring characters to life as well as clearly communicate simple ideas with which an audience can empathize
• Your educational background helps you show a thorough knowledge of physical motion, weight, balance, texture, and form
• Storytelling skills preferred
• Computer animation experience is useful but not required
• Demonstrate your aesthetic sense via your online demo reel or portfolio
• You are organized, detail oriented and enjoy working quickly and collaboratively
• You possess a good attitude and a strong work ethic
• You are available to work full-time Mon - Fri from 6.7.21- 8.27.21
• You already possess the legal right to work in the United States
Traditional Academic Paths:
• Minimally a junior in college working towards a degree or certificate in animation, illustration, film or a related field
• Recent grads within the first year post graduation are eligible to apply
Less Traditional Professional Paths:
Pixar recognizes that obtaining skills and knowledge may take different forms and has expanded intern eligibility to include additional life experiences including:
• Career Transition: those whose previous work/academic experiences differ vastly from animation, VFX, gaming and other computer graphics focused industries
• Armed Forces: those who have served in the armed forces and are in a retraining program
• Home Schooled: those who are self-taught via an alternative educational path
Submission Process and Application Materials:
• Apply online at Pixar.com -- no submissions accepted via mail or in person
• Attach a single PDF file containing your cover letter and resume
• Provide a link to your online demo reel or portfolio in the "Demo Reel'' section of the application; without this, you are not eligible for the internship
• If it has a password, please be sure to include an accurate password
• Due to the high volume of submissions, we are not able to provide feedback nor are we able to respond to requests for application status. You will be notified when there is an update on your application
• In submitting your application, you are agreeing to the terms of our Submission Release Form. Without this, we are unable to consider your application
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, February 14, 2021
Note: Due to the ongoing global pandemic, we do not yet know whether internships will be onsite or virtual. This will be determined Spring 2021.
About Pixar Animation Studios:
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. The Northern California studio has created some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including ''Toy Story,'' ''Monsters, Inc.,'' ''Cars,'' ''The Incredibles,'' ''Ratatouille,'' ''WALL• E,'' ''Up,'' ''Toy Story 3,'' ''Brave,'' ''Inside Out,'' and ''Coco.'' Its movies have won 35 Academy Awards® and have grossed more than $13 billion at the worldwide box office to date.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.