Sr. Production Support Engineer
Full Time Job
As a Senior Production Support Engineer, you will build relationships that help enable us to resolve complex problems. The complexity of our work also requires us to be responsive and collaborative. You will foster clear, open communication and prioritize a sophisticated workflow, all under constantly changing conditions. Do you love working with new technology to forge creative solutions? Join us! Here's some of the challenges to expect in this new role:
• Help chart the technical direction of the production support team by understanding studio requirements and translating them into concrete plans
• Use your expertise in Linux configuration management to guide and mentor new engineers on your team
• Collaborate with the infrastructure teams in developing automation and systems management solutions at scale
• Prioritize and represent the current resource demands and state of work in the team
Are you passionate about creating outstanding experiences for the people and teams you support? With your help, we will continue to raise the bar in providing the technical solutions that help Pixar craft extraordinary movies.
• Prior experience leading teams and / or project management experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills spanning technical and non-technical audiences
• Empathy with both users and fellow engineers, and the ability to identify and advocate for the best studio solution
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work in a fast-paced production environment
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Extensive experience with systems installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting in a Linux environment
• Strong Python and shell scripting experience
• Experience with software packaging and distribution
• Bonus Points if you have Experience with Ansible, RHEV, Pipeline support
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.