Full Time Job
Software Engineer (FX)
• Work with artists and technical leadership to propose, plan, implement, and deploy new features
• Maintain and improve the software individually and collaboratively with a team of peer engineers
• Work directly with effects artists to support their use of Pixar's proprietary filmmaking software, including identifying, debugging, and resolving high-priority issues affecting them
• Work comfortably within a complex, multi-layered technology pipeline
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Strong C++ skills with at least 3 years of professional experience
• Expertise in 3D math and computer graphics
• Solid understanding of practical software performance concerns
• Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
• Appreciation for the importance of long-term code health, peer review, automated testing, and documentation
• Ability to balance rapid delivery of critical solutions with long-term product quality
• Knowledge of 3D content applications and their APIs (especially Houdini and the HDK)
• Familiarity with animation and VFX production workflows
• Experience developing in a UNIX / Linux environment
• Experience working closely with both technical and non-technical clients
• Detail oriented and organized with excellent communication skills
• Ability to build positive and effective working relationships with diverse groups of colleagues and coworkers
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.