Full Time Job
Software Engineer (Core Engineering Team)
• Contribute to world-class 3D graphics software applications and frameworks that enable and support Pixar's film production
• Profile performance-critical code paths and creatively optimize algorithms to enhance interactive user experiences
• Collaborate with a team of engineers, technical artists, QA, build support and Project Management
• Work closely with other teams to plan and develop user-facing features to extend artistic reach, as well as APIs and frameworks that enhance the capabilities of our software
• Enjoy reading and writing C++ code
• Take pride and passion in crafting high-quality code with attention to detail and performance in mind
• Hold yourself and others to a high bar when it comes to engineering best practices, like writing maintainable code, providing good documentation and embracing automated testing
• Have prior exposure to, or interest in learning about performance profiling tools and workflows as well as programming on GNU/Linux
• Find fulfillment in designing and implementing APIs and frameworks in addition to user-facing features
• Thrive in a collaborative environment where you exchange knowledge with accomplished technicians and draw inspiration from world-class artists
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience or education
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.