Software Engineer, Renderman
Full Time Job
• Develop new or enhanced technical solutions to improve performance
• Collaborate with the team to maintain and improve the core rendering systems
• Refactor and rewrite existing code to improve quality, reliability and maintainability
• Proactively add and maintain tests to ensure the highest levels of quality
• Provide hands-on support to key customers, as well as our colleagues in production at the studio
• Diagnose and fix bugs in legacy code
• Author high-quality internal and end-user documentation
• Actively participate in design discussions, sharing engineering responsibilities and encouraging adoption of standards
• Proficient in C++ with proven software engineering experience
• Practical knowledge of multi-threaded, SIMD, SIMT or GpGPU development, especially CUDA
• Extensive analytic, debugging, and problem-solving skills
• Experience working in a Linux, macOS or Windows environment
• Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• The ideal candidate has a customer-centric mentality and a collaborative approach to solving problems. They have good attention to detail, paired with curiosity and a desire to continue learning. They can work independently and are able to self-organize and prioritize their own tasks for the greatest impact.
• Familiarity with programmable shading or the OpenGL shading language
• Experience of the full commercial software life cycle
• Experience in film or video game production
• Familiarity with tools such as Valgrind, Vtune, Nsight etc.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.