Senior Graphics Software Engineer
Full Time Job
Pixar's Software R&D department is responsible for developing Pixar's in-house proprietary animation software as well as industry-leading open source projects. Our Engineering Team is looking for a software engineer to help build and maintain the studio's specialized animation software which includes industry-leading open source technologies like Hydra and OpenSubdiv. This position requires a deep understanding of software engineering, an ability to collaborate in a large multi-functional team of accomplished developers, and skill in implementing performant, robust, easy to maintain code.
• Develop, implement, test, and support 3D graphics software in a Linux environment
• Collaborate effectively with a team of engineers, QA, Build, UI, Doc, and Project Management
• Partner with artists and technologists to provide excellent software development and support for film production
• Collaborate on Open-Source initiatives like Hydra, Universal Scene Description (USD) and OpenSubdiv.
• You are highly proficient in C++ and software engineering standard methodologies
• You have an adept knowledge of modern rendering architectures for rasterization and/or raytracing, both hardware and software
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
• Strong ability to trouble-shoot with high attention to detail and quality
• You're comfortable working in a Linux development environment or are excited to learn
• You enjoy and have experience working with technical and non-technical software users
• Proven ability to deliver high-quality software in our studio's fast-paced and dynamic environment while adhering to deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of 3D applications (e.g., Maya, Houdini, Katana) a plus
• Experience with Hydra, USD or OpenSubdiv development is a big plus!
For more information about our graphics technologies visit graphics.pixar.com