Full Time Job
The below lists the major functions of this job, and is not all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned as needed
• Responsible for taking notes, tracking updates, revisions, and maintaining current and past iterations of the script
• Tracks dialogue recording status at all times, generates and distributes status summaries and character line count
• Manage, plan, and strategize for PDX & SDX sessions
• Leads scratch casting, driving the strategy and schedule for scratch casting and recording
• Prepare and distributes the recording material for the actors, director and all other session attendees
• Responsible for the day-to-day management and oversight of the Script Coordinator. Provides mentorship, assigns and delegates tasks and delivers feedback
• Collaborates, builds, and maintains healthy productive working relationships with departments and key partners across pipelines
• Advocates for casting decisions in support of diversity efforts
• Serves as the primary point of contact and representative for Pixar with scratch and production voice talent
• Prepares for and attends recording/review sessions while also managing and scheduling work that enters and leaves the department
• Tracks writing schedule for script writers. Manages script handouts and deliveries between the writer and production
• Adds into script vocalizations; action when not written, and anything new that comes up in Story/Script Reviews.
• Tracks writer contributions
• Supervises Notesar collation process and team
• Oversees/reviews reports to ensure accuracy. Files and tracks Legal clearances (along with OKLegal).
• Create cast list for tracking status of PDX casting.
• Creates an archival "milestones" conformed script after every story reels (brain trust) screening.
• Creates and maintains systems for internal and external tracking distributions and script archival.
• Maintains critical attention to security when distributing all material
• Bachelor's degree in filmmaking, communications, English or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of experience in feature-animation, short-animation film or feature production or equivalent experience.
• Script or recording session experience preferred
• Ability to travel multiple days per week during peak of production. May include weekend and international travel (apx. 20-50% travel time per week during peak production ).
• Able to work with a high-level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong ability to learn quickly, prioritize, and follow direction in a fast pace environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and FinalDraft Software
• Knowledge of current child labor laws
• Keen visual and auditory memory a plus
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE, PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER WITH YOUR RESUME.
About Pixar Animation Studios:
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. The Northern California studio has created some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including ''Toy Story,'' ''Monsters, Inc.,'' ''Cars,'' ''The Incredibles,'' ''Ratatouille,'' ''WALL• E,'' ''Up,'' ''Toy Story 3,'' ''Brave,'' ''Inside Out,'' and ''Coco.'' Its movies have won 35 Academy Awards® and have grossed more than $13 billion at the worldwide box office to date.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.