Render Pipeline Engineer
Full Time Job
• Monitor and automate management of our render farm computing infrastructure
• Respond to inquiries from Pixar artists/engineers in regards to technical issues
• Onboard and support all productions throughout the pipeline
• Document standard run books and operating procedures
• Collaborate across production and technical departments to build studio-wide solutions and standards
• Research and keep apprised of current hardware and software to address the studio's needs
• Participate in rotation of off-hours on call support
• Hands on experience designing, building and troubleshooting large-scale operations
• Excellent verbal and written communication with users of various technical levels
• Wide-ranging experience in system administration, internet protocols, machine lifecycle supporting Linux (RedHat/CentOS preferred) on various platforms (virtual/baremetal/on-demand)
• Experience working with and maintaining configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt, or similar)
• Programming skills in one or more scripting languages (Python, Go, Bash, etc.)
• Proficiency with diagnostic and performance monitoring tools (Cacti, Zabbix, Splunk, Grafana, etc)
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree or work experience
• Understanding of Revision Control Systems, preferably Perforce and Git
• Experience with data pipelines using Kafka/event streams, Logstash, Elastic Search
• Experience administering and troubleshooting Mysql/Oracle databases
• Experience with virtualization and container platforms such as Docker, VMWare, KVM, Rancher
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.