Full Time Job
• Set up, run, and engineer recording sessions including scratch dialogue, production dialogue, and ADR session
• Work closely and partner with script supervisors, editors, voice talent, producers and directors
• Run remote recording sessions using Source Connect and Video Conferencing platforms such as Polycom, Zoom, Skype, iChat, etc.
• Assist in audio conversions, and audio master QC
• Collaborate with, support, and adhere to standards and procedures implemented by the Lead Recording Engineer and Systems Department
• Ensure project and media files are backed up and archived
• Provide music research support to Sound Editors and Lead Editors
• Collaborate with our assistant sound editor to maintain the Sound Effects, Soundtrack library and sound database
• Maintain the studio (and equipment) so that it's properly set up for each session
• Keep a comfortable atmosphere for talent and directors
• Additional duties would include music and sound editing and mixing for ancillary projects
• Five plus years of professional recording engineer experience
• Bachelor's degree or specialized recording engineer training preferred
• Proficient in the use of Pro Tools, Plug Ins, Control Surfaces, D/A and A/D Converters, Clocks, Digital and Analog Patch-Bays, Analog & Digital outboard equipment including mic-pre-amps, compressors, equalizers, and other standard recording studio hardware
• Must have an excellent knowledge of microphones and mic-placement skills. Ie: Vintage and Modern, Moving Coil, Condenser, Ribbon, polar patterns, preferred best practices and uses
• Must have excellent knowledge of Equalization, Compression and Noise Reduction
• Knowledge of digital video formats and video routers is encouraged
• Experience with Avid Media Composer a plus
• Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and perform under deadline pressure while maintaining the highest quality
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Understanding of digital audio codecs and compression schemes and their benefits & limitations
• Willingness to trouble shoot and maintain computer networking issues
• Willing to work flexible hours (including nights and weekends) and/or overtime on short notice
About Pixar Animation Studios:
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. The Northern California studio has created some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including ''Toy Story,'' ''Monsters, Inc.,'' ''Cars,'' ''The Incredibles,'' ''Ratatouille,'' ''WALL• E,'' ''Up,'' ''Toy Story 3,'' ''Brave,'' ''Inside Out,'' and ''Coco.'' Its movies have won 35 Academy Awards® and have grossed more than $13 billion at the worldwide box office to date.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.