This was removed by the employer on 3/1/2021 11:51:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Promo Editor jobs in Emeryville-CA
Search all Promo Editor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Promo Editor? Job Summary:
• Attend story brainstorms and pitches to both contribute to and facilitate the Promo Director's vision within the scope of the feature film for each piece.
• Using storyboards and script for initial guidance, cut storyboards together with dialogue, sound effects and music to establish timing and continuity of each commercial, toolkit, interstitial, etc.
• Work with the Promo Director and the Layout TDs to determine how to translate storyboards into layout and subsequent animation.
• Attend scratch and production dialog recording sessions as well as sound design reviews to advise direction.
• Add new animation and lighting as they become available, replacing storyboards to review with the Promo Director. Update the pieces to reflect decisions from each review.
• Act as a mentor and oversee the Promo Editorial Assistant in technical procedures as well as Promo Editorial setup and optimization.
• Work as needed with external partners (agencies, post houses, mix stages, etc.) to share media and cut information.
• Work nimbly with a small team. Examples of this would be spontaneous recording of scratch dialog directly into the Avid, expanding music searches and sources to outside of Pixar, and thinking outside the box to solve creative and technical problems that are specific to toolkit and commercial work.
• Experience in the creative and technical aspects of film editorial work in feature films or television.
• Must know the process of creating films from start to finish, through post-production.
• Must have accumulated storytelling skills in conjunction with a solid aesthetic sensibility, good pacing, and judgment.
• Experience cutting dialogue.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Works well as a team player.
PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER WITH YOUR RESUME
About Pixar Animation Studios:
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. The Northern California studio has created some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including ''Toy Story,'' ''Monsters, Inc.,'' ''Cars,'' ''The Incredibles,'' ''Ratatouille,'' ''WALL• E,'' ''Up,'' ''Toy Story 3,'' ''Brave,'' ''Inside Out,'' and ''Coco.'' Its movies have won 35 Academy Awards® and have grossed more than $13 billion at the worldwide box office to date.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.