Project Coordinator, Tools
Full Time Job
Project Coordinator, Tools (Core)
Our Software R&D department (Tools) is responsible for developing Pixar's in-house and open source software. We work very closely with both artists and engineers to build innovative filmmaking tools that enable our film production and continuously extend artistic reach.
The Project Coordinator provides administrative support to the project managers and engineers, with a primary focus on ensuring schedules and project plans are accurate and up-to-date.
• Build relationships and partner with Project Managers and Tools support staff, and provide coverage as needed
• Help Project Managers maintain detailed project schedules, and update our internal and external issue and task tracking systems, as well as wiki documentation
• Manage the calendars of key personnel with alertness to topics, priorities, and meeting inter-dependencies
• Record detailed meeting notes, and follow up on action items
• Proactively respond to requests for information coming from within the department and film production teams
• Coordinate communication and collaboration with external development partners
• Organize conference events, and plan fun social activities for team building
• Help your leadership team maintain a positive and collaborative team environment and good morale
• Professional or project experience that demonstrates good organizational skills, a strong attention to detail, and timely follow-through
• Adaptability with the skills to prioritize evolving tasks
• Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with strong verbal and written communication
• Ability to work collaboratively or autonomously as necessary
• Experience working with Microsoft Office and Google Suite. Exposure to issue tracking software (e.g., JIRA) and wiki (e.g., Confluence) is a plus.
• Comfortable working with macOS
• Able to work hybrid model