Full Time Job
• Partner with artists and engineers to turn conceptual workflow ideas into concrete designs
• Conduct user research and facilitate group conversations to help guide and clarify project goals
• Test, evaluate, and refine your designs in highly iterative development cycles, through deployment and beyond
• Communicate your design ideas in front of large groups and/or one-on-one with artists, engineers, and management
• Engage with engineers to hone in on actionable designs, proposing alternatives along the way and embracing technical underpinnings
• Create design specifications for engineering teams that capture the key conceptual, interactive and visual design details
• Advocate for user-centered design processes throughout the studio
• Fluency in a variety of user-research methodologies (such as contextual interviews, surveys, and group discussions)
• Ability to express design concepts through storyboards, wireframes, interactive prototypes, and full-fidelity mockups using tools such as Figma
• Ability to convincingly articulate your design rationale to users and engineers visually, orally, and in writing
• Experience with designing at all levels, from defining and identifying broad system-level concepts down to fine-tuning specific interactions and visuals
• A portfolio that showcases both strong visual and interaction design work
• Masters in Design, HCI, CS or related field
• Experience with 3D, digital content creation, games, or other media production tools and pipelines
• Interest in design systems and modular design patterns, and experience putting them into practice
• Proficiency with computer programming languages and concepts
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.