Linux Production Support Engineer
This was removed by the employer on 1/6/2022 4:49:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Linux Production Support Engineer jobs in Emeryville-CA
Search all Linux Production Support Engineer postings
Full Time Job
Production Support is a small team that works to strengthen Pixar's Gnu/Linux-based desktop platform at every level. From desktop hardware to Operating System, application and infrastructure support, our work impacts the entire studio. We are responsible for diagnosing and resolving desktop problems that emerge as animators, digital artists, programmers, and others do their work. Can your expertise and flexibility help bring our team to the next level?
As a Production Support Engineer, come prepared to embrace new challenges and new technologies to resolve issues in a constantly evolving environment. The complexity of our work also requires us to be responsive and collaborative. You will cultivate clear, open communication and prioritize a sophisticated workflow, all under constantly changing conditions.
Do you love working with Linux to forge creative solutions? Join us! Here's some of the challenges to expect in this role:
• Test and support endpoint solutions that enable hybrid work
• Build, package, distribute and support third-party software for film production
• Contribute to building Linux automation and systems management solutions at scale
• Collaborate with technical artists and engineers to create a better work experience by improving Pixar's desktop environment
Are you passionate about creating outstanding experiences for the people and teams you support? With your help, we will continue to improve in providing the technical solutions that help Pixar craft extraordinary movies.
• Prior experience with Linux system administration and/or knowledge of desktop support under Linux
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills spanning technical and non-technical audiences.
• Empathy with users in understanding and responding to their technical challenges
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work in a fast-paced production environment
• Experience with systems installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of enterprise desktop hardware
• Experience with software packaging, distribution, license management
Bonus Points for:
• Experience system configuration and remoting technologies
• Python and shell scripting experience
• Proven studio support experience
About Pixar Animation Studios:
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. The Northern California studio has created some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including ''Toy Story,'' ''Monsters, Inc.,'' ''Cars,'' ''The Incredibles,'' ''Ratatouille,'' ''WALL• E,'' ''Up,'' ''Toy Story 3,'' ''Brave,'' ''Inside Out,'' and ''Coco.'' Its movies have won 35 Academy Awards® and have grossed more than $13 billion at the worldwide box office to date.
Pixar's objective is to combine proprietary technology and world-class creative talent to develop computer-animated feature films with memorable characters and heartwarming stories that appeal to audiences of all ages.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.