Linux Production Support Engineer
Full Time Job
Production Support is a small team that works to strengthen Pixar's Gnu/Linux-based desktop platform at every level. From desktop hardware to Operating System, application and infrastructure support, our work impacts the entire studio. We are responsible for diagnosing and resolving desktop problems that emerge as animators, digital artists, programmers, and others do their work. Can your expertise and flexibility help bring our team to the next level?
As a Production Support Engineer, come prepared to embrace new challenges and new technologies to resolve issues in a constantly evolving environment. The complexity of our work also requires us to be responsive and collaborative. You will cultivate clear, open communication and prioritize a sophisticated workflow, all under constantly changing conditions.
Do you love working with Linux to forge creative solutions? Join us! Here's some of the challenges to expect in this role:
• Test and support endpoint solutions that enable hybrid work
• Build, package, distribute and support third-party software for film production
• Contribute to building Linux automation and systems management solutions at scale
• Collaborate with technical artists and engineers to create a better work experience by improving Pixar's desktop environment
Are you passionate about creating outstanding experiences for the people and teams you support? With your help, we will continue to improve in providing the technical solutions that help Pixar craft extraordinary movies.
• Prior experience with Linux system administration and/or knowledge of desktop support under Linux
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills spanning technical and non-technical audiences.
• Empathy with users in understanding and responding to their technical challenges
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work in a fast-paced production environment
• Experience with systems installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of enterprise desktop hardware
• Experience with software packaging, distribution, license management
Bonus Points for:
• Experience system configuration and remoting technologies
• Python and shell scripting experience
• Proven studio support experience