Full Time Job
The Camera & Staging team at Pixar is responsible for creating engaging and dynamic cinematography to effectively communicate the story and delight audiences. We work closely with the director, editor, and teams across the pipeline to build each scene into a solid blueprint for downstream shot production.
We are looking for a creatively driven Camera & Staging Artist to help us frame compelling stories using their outstanding knowledge of virtual and traditional cinematography principles. If you are someone who has a deep knowledge of film language, passionate about storytelling, collaboration and animation then we want to hear from you!
• Establish composition, character staging, and camera positions
• Animate key character poses to help convey the intent of a shot (animation blocking)
• Create sequences of shots from story reels, script pages, and/or verbal pitch
• Provide clean technical set-up of shots for downstream production departments
• Experience on animated films, 3D previz, games, or as a live-action cinematographer on narrative films, as demonstrated in a show reel
• Outstanding artistic skills in cinematography and film language, including a strong sense of composition, staging, camera movement, shot flow, character animation and posing
• Demonstrate basic editing skills to convey shot builds to a layout supervisor
• Experience with CG Software (Maya, Unreal, Blender, etc) Comfortable learning and troubleshooting new software
• Able to to work in an iterative process, welcoming creative input and addressing constructive feedback at a consistent level
• Phenomenal communication and problem-solving skills while collaborating with other layout artists and departments at Pixar
• Welcome creative input and addressing constructive feedback
• Phenomenal communication and problem-solving skills
• Ability to self-manage deadlines, working efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
• Willing to work flexible hours (including nights and weekends) and/or overtime on short notice
• Camera polish or final layout experience is a plus