Full Time Job
As a Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for handling complex production budgets and schedules, which will require attention to detail and an understanding of the production pipeline. You will orchestrate the maintenance of the day-to-day financial operations of the feature film and related ancillary projects, while also providing ad hoc analytical support to the Producers and Production Staff. You will be expected to work with discretion and act as a liaison between Corporate Finance, Production Finance, Studio Leadership and the Producers, as well as with external agencies, including the outside payroll processor, various guilds, and unions.
• Prepare bi-weekly Estimated Final Cost reports and relevant budget cost and variance analyses to present to the Producers, including accounting, forecasting and scheduling for a feature as well as related ancillary projects
• Update and review weekly production reports, tracking departmental progress against the production schedule and productivity assumptions - these reports are then presented to the Producers and studio leadership
• Aid Production Leadership and Department Managers in crafting and maintaining reports for planning production flow and department budgets.
• Prepare and ensure accurate completion of employment paperwork for voice and music talent recording sessions and process payments according to employment contracts and SAG rules
• Lead the day-to-day costs of the production, including reviewing weekly payroll and film accounts payable, and liaise between Corporate Finance, Production Finance, Studio Leadership and the Producers
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business; or equivalent experience
• Minimum three years of accounting or finance experience
• Proven time management and multiple task management capabilities
• Experience using databases and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Oracle, Workday, SQL)
• Strong analytical and organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills, and advanced modeling and Excel skills
• Ability to manage competing priorities with professionalism, and work with diplomacy, discretion, confidentiality, versatility, and reliability
• Flexible to work independently or as part of a team, with little or only general instruction
• Technically oriented with database/process experience and geared towards driving standardization and consolidation