Editor, 2nd Assistant
This was removed by the employer on 1/7/2020 10:06:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Editor, 2nd Assistant jobs in Emeryville-CA
Search all Editor, 2nd Assistant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Editor, 2nd Assistant? Editor, 2Nd Assistant
Provide technical and creative support to Editors and Assistant Editors.
• Prepare picture media. Import and distribute storyboards and shots over network to editors. Output digital masters and copies
• Prepare sound media: process dialog, conduct music and effects searches
• Attend scratch and production dialog recording sessions. Monitor levels, log and import scratch and production dialogue from recordings. Make audio masters and organize backup copies. Set up video reference cameras to record actors
• Prepare preliminary music and sound effects. Help maintain the studio sound effects and music databases
• Catalogue and maintain a digital library by tape or file source, description, and film sequence
• Publish accurate cutlists for output
• Deliver digital files (quicktimes, AAFs, change notes, DCPs, etc.) internally and externally as directed
• Prepare media and perform Quality Control on file and film outputs for sound and picture, sync, etc.
• Attend screenings in support of presentation quality. Operate Pixar screening room.
• Help maintain the studio sound effects and music databases
• Avid Film Composer daily operational maintenance
• Refine editorial processes, procedures, systems, and databases. Optimize Assistant procedures and update documentation on internal Wiki
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Experience as a Production Assistant, Editorial Assistant or similar exposure to film production including post-production is required. Experience as an Assistant Editor is preferred
• Minimum three years experience with Avid Media/Film Composer
• Minimum three years experience with Macintosh OS (mid-high level user)
• Minimum one year experience with video and audio engineering operations (e.g., signal routing, waveform/vector scopes, time code, codecs, monitor calibration)
• Experience with After Effects, Photoshop, FileMaker, ProTools, UNIX, HTML preferred
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong ability to multi-task and take a creative, inquisitive approach to problem solving
• Must be able to work autonomously and as part of a team
• Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize workload in a dynamic environment are required
• Willing to work flexible hours (including nights and weekends) and/or overtime on short notice
• Able to travel overnight domestically or internationally for recording sessions and screenings This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.