Associate Supervisor, Creative Film Services
Full Time Job
• Partner with the CFS Director on daily and weekly implementation of project schedules and resource plans towards the completion and fulfillment of final deliverables for all projects
• Collaborate with the CFS team to manage all aspects of trailer (and other marketing) conform work in advance of delivery to the mastering team
• Create and distribute production plans and schedules for special projects as designated by the CFS Director
• Communicate project goals, schedules, and deadlines to team members, as well as internal/external stakeholders
• Keep CFS Director, Mastering, Post Production, and outside partners and vendors, apprised of plans and developments
• Work with CFS Director, Post Production and Mastering to verify and publish deliverable lists and work requests
• Oversee archiving and documentation of all projects under the purview of CFS
• Partner with Mastering Coordinator to plan, initiate, provide necessary assets, track progress and QC media for CFS projects/deliveries
• Participate in various deliverable QCs at all stages of production as needed
• Manage and balance project assignments for CFS Editors, and load balance as necessary to meet schedules and priorities
Systems & Data Maintenance
• Initiate new projects in the Production Database and continually update/monitor status throughout the production lifecycle
• Maintain supporting documents and systems (e.g., Post Production Database, Work Requests) to track and reports on project statuses and overall progress/completion
• Collaborate with production coordinator(s) to keep all Creative Film Services data accurate and current
• Oversee ongoing documentation of Creative Film Services pipelines both internally and externally
• Maintain and refine systems (e.g., Wiki documentation, communication channels, group processes) to support productivity and efficiency for the Creative Film Services team
• Maintain department calendars, project calendars and long-term delivery schedules for multiple projects
• Assist in establishing, tracking, and managing production timelines
• Reconcile archive records to reflect actual final deliverables
Other General Responsibilities
• Partner with Creative Content Project Manager and CFS Editorial to create and distribute milestone Marketing materials to internal/external stakeholders
• Provide Disney CFS with working materials to support fulfillment of presentations – including, but not limited to, advance notice of clearance concerns and subtitle reference.
• Plan daily or weekly agendas (as needed) and distributes notes for various team and inter-team meetings
• Attend and contribute to regular planning meetings
• Provide guidance and support to the CFS Coordinator as needed
• Represent the department and projects at reviews, meetings and functions as needed
• Assist in the cultivation of vendor relations as needed; responds to vendor queries and provides guidance as needed
• Have an aptitude for learning; take initiative to stay current as production technology evolves
• Able to quickly process and retain new information
• Be a problem solver
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• 5 years of experience with film production environments, procedures, and schedules
• Previous experience with animation pipeline and post-production
• Demonstrate strong project management skill
• Organized and highly detail-oriented with prompt and thorough follow-through
• Understanding of video codecs and containers
• Working knowledge of Macs is required; familiarity with Linux is a plus
• Experience with Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Confluence Wiki
• Experience with database creation and administration
• Frequent to continuous use of computer and office equipment including monitor, keyboard, mouse, phones, etc.
• Willing to work flexible hours (including nights and weekends) and/or overtime on short notice
• Willing to travel as needed, including overnight stay
To be considered for this role, please include a cover letter with your resume.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.