This was removed by the employer on 6/15/2021 5:53:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Associate Editor jobs in Emeryville-CA
Search all Associate Editor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Associate Editor?
Full Time Job
• Demonstrate solid artistic skills in cutting storyboards and layout together with dialogue, sound effects and music to best craft a scene, often under tight schedules
• Possess a strong understanding of the technical production pipeline, including areas outside of immediate responsibility
• Able to take direction, interpret and execute notes
• Work collaboratively with others; adapt working style to specific needs of Director, Lead and show; Communicate effectively in a variety of settings
• Participate in the training, mentorship and development of the Assistants; partners with the Manager to provide feedback to the Assistants
• Remain flexible and adjust to the shifting demands of production
• Experience in the creative and technical aspects of film editorial and post production, ideally through First Assistant Editor positions in feature films or television
• 5 years experience in a Film Editorial Capacity
• 3 years Editorial experience in Feature Animated Films and/or Animated episodic projects
• Demonstrated experience as an Editor on long form narrative material or short subject films, including cutting storyboards
• Advanced technical knowledge of AVID media composer
• Must be able to work collaboratively with people of different backgrounds and diverse perspectives (in order to maximize all voices being heard)
If selected for interviews, you will be asked to submit a 3-5 minute reel that ideally includes one complete scene for continuity.
To be considered, please include a cover letter with your resume.
About Pixar Animation Studios:
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. The Northern California studio has created some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including ''Toy Story,'' ''Monsters, Inc.,'' ''Cars,'' ''The Incredibles,'' ''Ratatouille,'' ''WALL• E,'' ''Up,'' ''Toy Story 3,'' ''Brave,'' ''Inside Out,'' and ''Coco.'' Its movies have won 35 Academy Awards® and have grossed more than $13 billion at the worldwide box office to date.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.