Full Time Job
• Keep Animators Animating
• Support, maintain, and improve animation specific shot data
• Verify that shots coming into animation are ready to be animated
• Troubleshoot and resolve shot-related problems, this may involve working at the animator's computer and/or working with Tools or other departments, when in the Studio
• Write and maintain scripts specific to animation
• Verify show pipeline is set up for animation to animate and render
• Assist in technical training of animators
• Secondary systems administrative support
• Other Technical Duties
• Work closely with Animation Manager, Leads and Coordinator on strategy and implementation of large-scale projects, make sure solution integrates with other departments, especially Lighting
• Work with animators and the Animation Tools Liaisons to improve in-house software, this includes identifying and reporting bugs as well as suggesting improvements of the software's development
• Maintain familiarity with history of shots/sequences to proactively identify and resolve technical issues impacting animation
• Technical contact to identify and resolve all problems for departments that give inventory to or receive inventory from Animation, these include Layout, Editorial, Characters, Sets, Shading, Lighting, and Rendering
• Working knowledge and use of Maya, Linux and UNIX based tools, Mac-OSX
• Extensive knowledge of film production pipeline
• Familiarity with Oracle commands, script, tools in regard to updating and tracking in-progress (IP) animation
• Ability to do shot specific character rigging and sculpting
• At least 2 years' experience coding scripts in Python
• Excellent interpersonal skills, must possess ability to help animators at their computers with technical issues; serve as technical interface between departments
• Incredible eye for detail and continuity
• Ability to address and prioritize tasks quickly and efficiently
• Good attention to detail, excellent follow-through; self-motivated, proactive nature and a ''can-do'' attitude a must
• Ability to work collaboratively and assist a large number of animators every day
• Ability to work under pressure, in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• Must be open to direction and able to embrace change
• Prefer working knowledge of animation, rigging and sim
About Pixar Animation Studios:
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. The Northern California studio has created some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including ''Toy Story,'' ''Monsters, Inc.,'' ''Cars,'' ''The Incredibles,'' ''Ratatouille,'' ''WALL• E,'' ''Up,'' ''Toy Story 3,'' ''Brave,'' ''Inside Out,'' and ''Coco.'' Its movies have won 35 Academy Awards® and have grossed more than $13 billion at the worldwide box office to date.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.