Summer Intern - Diversity & Inclusion / Giving & Outreach
Pixar Inc.Emeryville, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
• Updating and enhancing our internal Wiki (employee communication tool).
• Researching and compiling data, tools, articles, and programs that support implementation of our inclusion and diversity related strategies.
• Performing data analysis and compiling information from multiple sources as part of the development of our Diversity & Inclusion dashboard.
• Interfacing with our Studio (Employee) Resource Groups to coordinate support for their activities on behalf of our Inclusion Strategies and Giving and Outreach areas.
• Assist in the development of presentations and other communications, as needed.
• Planning benefit screenings and external visits supporting Outreach initiatives.
• Organizing and tracking swag for in-kind donation program.
• Following up with internal and external requests for support and giving opportunities.
• Coordinating volunteer opportunities with external organizations and internal volunteers.
• Additional activities related to our efforts to drive greater diversity, inclusion and belonging throughout the Studio.
• Strong interest in, and passion for, corporate social responsibility and the development of more diverse and inclusive organizations.
• Strong analytical skills with experience compiling and presenting complex data in easy to understand form.
• Highly organized and detailed oriented.
• Proven ability to multi-task effectively and complete work quickly and efficiently.
• Highly motivated with the demonstrated ability to work independently.
• Proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint (or Keynote).
• Knowledge of database, web authoring, graphics editing software.
• Ability to learn new programs quickly is a must (Mac experience preferred).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Completion of sophomore or junior year in a program leading to a degree in HR, Organizational Behavior, Diversity & Inclusion or directly related field. If you have already graduated but are within the first year since your graduation at the start of the internship, you are also eligible to apply.
• Must be available to work full-time Mon - Fri for 12-weeks between May 2020 – Sept 2020.
Submission Process and Application Materials:
• Apply online at pixar.com -- no submissions are accepted via mail or in person.
• Attach a single PDF file with the following:
2. Cover Letter: understanding that 12 weeks is a short period, tell us what value you can add to the Pixar team during your short stint in the Inclusion Strategies and Giving & Outreach areas.
3. Course Details: what classes or programs have you completed in the areas of Diversity, Inclusion, Corporate Social Responsibility and Human Resources.
4. Personal Statement: please provide a short personal statement (200 words or less) describing what's drawn you to a career in these areas?
• Due to the large number of submissions, we are unable to respond to requests for updates. You will receive notification of our receipt of your application and when the hiring process is completed.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, February 9, 2020.
About Pixar Animation Studios:
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. The Northern California studio has created some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including ''Toy Story,'' ''Monsters, Inc.,'' ''Cars,'' ''The Incredibles,'' ''Ratatouille,'' ''WALL• E,'' ''Up,'' ''Toy Story 3,'' ''Brave,'' ''Inside Out,'' and ''Coco.'' Its movies have won 35 Academy Awards® and have grossed more than $13 billion at the worldwide box office to date.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.