Pittsburgh PiratesPittsburgh, PA
Full Time Job
The Staff Accountant assists members of the Pittsburgh Pirates Finance Department with daily activities. This includes accounting work related to the operation of the Pittsburgh Pirates and PNC Park, as well as operations in Florida and the Dominican Republic.
• Prepare and review standard journal entries including cash transactions for all required entities, seasonal ticket and broadcasting revenues, national revenues, depreciation, amortization, and others as needed.
• Prepare monthly journal entries to record corporate sponsorship revenue and trade. Generate required invoices in compliance with contract terms and monitor cash collection of sponsorship invoices. Produce timely aging report for finance and sponsorship departments as needed. Mail monthly radio affidavits to corporate sponsors.
• Prepare monthly concession revenue journal entries and monitor commission payments from concessionaire. Maintain all other concession related schedules, including capital reserve fund activity.
• Prepare daily box office activity journal entries. Reconcile and record weekly Tickets.com settlement reports. Reconcile payment information from the ticketing system with bank deposits and credit card processing reports.
• Reconcile all intercompany accounts on a monthly basis and prepare necessary journal entries.
• Assist Manager of Accounts Payable with approval, coding, and entry of invoices into the accounting system for payment. Ensure correct sales tax allocation has been performed on all invoices.
• Assist Manager of Accounts Payable with weekly check run, including filing of invoices and distribution of checks.
• Review credit card transactions in Active Pay on a monthly basis for completeness and accuracy. Upload and post required journal entry on a monthly basis.
• Complete all cash and check deposits for the Operating, Ticket, and Pirates Charities accounts and prepare applicable journal entry.
• Collaborate with Florida Accountant to assist with processing and reviewing all revenues and expenses related to Spring Training, Florida State League, and Pirate City Operations
• Complete ticket sales reports required by Major League Baseball.
• Review expenses and approval forms to ensure that department spending is in line with budgeted activity.
• Assist other members of the department with annual reporting requirements including the financial statement audit, Major League Baseball reports, operating and capital budgets, and quarterly forecasts.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Assist with accounting projects related to overall Club goals as needed.
• Demonstrates a commitment to teamwork and ability to adhere to corporate policies.