Player Valuation Analyst
Pittsburgh PiratesPittsburgh, PA
Full Time Job
The Professional Player Valuation team is responsible for producing internal valuations of players and for communicating the insights from their research to others within Baseball Operations. This role will provide candidates with opportunities for growth and the ability to learn from others throughout the organization. In this role, you will have the ability to influence roster construction and to see the impact of your work on the field.
Primary Role Responsibilities:
• Serve as the primary analyst for a subset of Major League organizations.
• Collaborate with other areas of Baseball Operations on the assessment of professional players.
• Assist in the building of player valuation models and review code previously developed by the Baseball Informatics team.
• Prepare tools, visualizations, and reports to aid in disseminating information throughout Baseball Operations.
• Answer research questions that you think will add value to the organization, as well as those requested by department leadership and others within Baseball Operations.
• Contribute to staff identification and hiring process.
• Trade deadline meetings.
• Off-season strategy meetings.
• Roster management discussions.