Manager, Social Media
Pittsburgh PiratesPittsburgh, PA
This was removed by the employer on 3/22/2023 4:39:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Social Media Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Manager, Social Media jobs in Pittsburgh-PA
Search all Manager, Social Media postings
Full Time Job
The Pirates Why
The Pittsburgh Pirates are a storied franchise in Major League Baseball who are reinventing themselves on every level. Boldly and relentlessly pursuing excellence by:
• purposefully developing a player and people-centered culture;
• deeply connecting with our fans, partners, and colleagues;
• passionately creating lifetime memories for generations of families and friends; and
• meaningfully impacting our communities and the game of baseball.
At the Pirates, we believe in the power of a diverse workforce and strive to create an inclusive culture centered in Passion, Innovation, Respect, Accountability, Teamwork, Empathy, and Service.
The Pittsburgh Pirates are seeking a Manager, Social Media to drive and activate the social media strategy for the official and ancillary accounts of the organization while balancing the creative needs and production deadlines that bring the strategy to life. The person in this role is responsible for the development and execution of strategic communications for the Pittsburgh Pirates social media accounts to include sales, marketing, business, and community initiatives. The Manager will lead the charge in the daily operation of Pirates social media platforms from offseason planning and posting, to in-game posting, off-day scheduling, performance reporting, influencer strategy and more. This position will also assist with in-park and on-site social media activation in conjunction with various organizational initiatives. The employee must have confidence in dealing with the members of the media, as well as a willingness to take initiative and assume activities associated with communicating the Pirates organization's key messages.
As part of a multi-faceted and dynamic team, this individual will be able to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment while consistently bringing new ideas to the table. We are looking for an individual who is self-motivated, flexible, extremely organized, and detail-oriented with a deep knowledge of crafting and implementing social media copy and strategies.
• Take ownership of daily communications across all social media platforms and accounts, including creating, strategizing, scheduling, and publishing content for all Pirates social media platforms.
• Work collaboratively with Coordinator, Social Media to develop strategic long-term programs tailored for specific platforms to increase engagement and followers.
• Maintain, organize, and update the organization's social media content calendar.
• Present and establish creative ideas for social content and upcoming initiatives.
• Collaborate with various internal and external content creators (photographers, videographers, designers, etc.) to tell the organization's story and achieve its goals.
• Lead the analysis of content performance to provide ongoing learnings and recommendations.
• Partner with Coordinator, Social Media on the organization's influencer efforts.
• Curate and maintain frequent conversations with our fan base.
• Identify and implement opportunities to generate revenue with content.
• Responsible for the oversight and coverage of social media activations for corporate partnership programs, community events, business activations, etc.
• Work collaboratively with Major League Baseball on initiatives, LCC program, etc.
• Assist in paid efforts on social media.
• Active role in sales, marketing, partnerships, community, and content creation.
• Maintain and implement knowledge of best practices and trends in social media.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Authorized to work lawfully in the United States.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in social media, digital media, content creation, or copy writing.
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field.
• Excellent understanding of social media and emerging technologies.
• Ability to write original content
• Basic understanding of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere, etc.).
• Willingness and ability to work flexible hours.
• Proficiency in Spanish a plus.
• Knowledge of and experience utilizing social media analytics tools (Ex: Zoomph, Emplifi, CrowdTangle, Sprinklr, etc.).
• Knowledge and passion for the sport of baseball preferred.