Intern - Fellow, Research & Development, Baseball Informatics
Pittsburgh PiratesPittsburgh, PA
This was removed by the employer on 1/20/2022 3:09:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Fellow, Research & Development, Baseball Informatics jobs in Pittsburgh-PA
Search all Intern - Fellow, Research & Development, Baseball Informatics postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
The Pirates Why
The Pittsburgh Pirates are a storied franchise in Major League Baseball who are reinventing themselves on every level. Boldly and relentlessly pursuing excellence by:
• purposefully developing a player and people-centered culture;
• deeply connecting with our fans, partners, and colleagues;
• passionately creating lifetime memories for generations of families and friends; and
• meaningfully impacting our communities and the game of baseball.
At the Pirates, we believe in the power of a diverse workforce and strive to create an inclusive culture centered in Passion, Innovation, Respect, Accountability, Teamwork, Empathy, and Service.
We are seeking individuals who are excited about the opportunity to be part of a collaborative and passionate environment, and to use their quantitative skills to work on projects that make an impact on the field and in the front office.
In this role, you will utilize your problem-solving and analytical skills to design, code, and implement focused solutions that enable Baseball Operations personnel to make great decisions in the acquisition, development, and deployment of players.
• Assist in the design, development, testing, and implementation of models and metrics.
• Conduct statistical research and integrate the results into various channels, including projections, valuations, analyses, and other objective assessments.
• Communicate the results of your work to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Collaborate with departments across baseball operations, including R&D, Coaching and Player Development, Major League Strategy, Amateur Scouting, International Amateur Scouting, and Pro Valuation.