Pittsburgh PiratesPittsburgh, PA
Full Time Job
This position is responsible for the conceptualization, planning and execution of inventive creative design solutions for all departments of the Pittsburgh Pirates' organization.
• Conceptualize, plan, and execute original creative design solutions for all departments of the Pirates organization, all within set timeframes.
• Invent original designs and manage existing long-term Pirates and ballpark brand identity items. Ensure that all new and existing creative design solutions meet the standards defined in the Pirates' brand style guide.
• Actively participate in peer-to-peer feedback sessions regarding potential design solutions.
• In coordination with others in the design group, design and layout pages of Pirates publications.
• Design print, outdoor, and web ads for various Pirates' initiatives; also participate in conceptualizing, developing, and integrating said concepts into television commercials.
• Participate in brainstorming sessions with the creative team in order to establish a cohesive advertising campaign each season.
• Effectively communicate new and existing design rationale and concepts to department leadership.
• Serve as a liaison with outside agencies, contractors, printers, and other vendors as required, advising and policing Pirates branding & logo usage.
• Stay abreast of developments and trends in visual arts, graphic design, and relevant software.
• Other duties as assigned by Director, Advertising & Creative Services.
• Facilitate photoshoots, both with team photographer and among designers when necessary.
• Assist Advertising Coordinator in maintaining an up-to-date library of all art elements, including team marks/logos, and photos.