Director, Talent Management
Pittsburgh PiratesPittsburgh, PA
This was removed by the employer on 9/30/2021 4:23:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Director, Talent Management jobs in Pittsburgh-PA
Search all Director, Talent Management postings
Full Time Job
The Pirates Why
The Pittsburgh Pirates are a storied franchise in Major League Baseball who are reinventing themselves on every level. Boldly and relentlessly pursuing excellence by:
• purposefully developing a player and people-centered culture;
• deeply connecting with our fans, partners, and colleagues;
• passionately creating lifetime memories for generations of families and friends; and
• meaningfully impacting our communities and the game of baseball.
At the Pirates, we believe in the power of a diverse workforce and strive to create an inclusive culture centered in Passion, Innovation, Respect, Accountability, Teamwork, Empathy, and Service.
The Director of Talent Management is responsible for developing and executing the talent management strategy that elevates the employee experience and builds a robust leadership pipeline to drive growth and profitability. In this role, you will manage and coordinate organization-wide efforts to ensure that performance management (PM) and quality improvement (QI) programs are developed and managed using a data-driven focus that sets priorities for improvements aligned to ongoing strategic imperatives. This position will support the VP of People and Strategy and Director, Human Resources to drive new behaviors and programs, which will support us as we continue to grow and scale. This role will develop, coordinate, and execute initiatives aligned with our Talent Strategy, including involvement in a range of strategic initiatives and talent management processes such as recruiting, onboarding, retention, rewards & recognition, performance management, performance optimization, succession planning, learning & development, and leadership development.
• Provides professional expertise and support in the design, development, and implementation of the talent review process that is required to achieve business goals and results in the creation of an internal bench of top talent.
• Collects, analyzes, and maintains data gathered to inform targeted leadership development (e.g., succession planning).
• Participates in organizational strategic planning and provides leadership for Program Management and Quality Improvement policy development.
• Researches and assists in the development of PM training programs that focus on enabling the workforce to achieve improvements with priority organizational concerns.
• Serves as a business partner with hiring managers to develop effective sourcing and recruitment strategies that result in diverse candidate pools. Develops effective relationships within the organization and the hiring community that influence and impact the recruiting process and hiring.
• Develops, initiates, and maintains effective programs for workforce retention, promotion, and succession planning.
• Manages the maintenance and execution of the performance management system, including current job descriptions, standards of performance, and performance evaluation instruments.
• Creates and maintains an environment of equal employment opportunity, diversity, and competitive advantage in support of the company's DE&I strategic plan.
• Ensures that organization-wide Talent Management and PM initiatives are focused and aligned on improving operational and program efficiencies and effectiveness.
• Recruits full-time, part-time, seasonal, temporary, contractual, and intern personnel.
• Manages full recruitment life cycle including, but not limited to: sourcing, screening, tracking, interviewing, referencing, extending offers, and coaching hiring managers.
• Completes hiring process within defined metrics to minimize overall time-to-fill.
• Develops appropriate marketing strategies, defines roles and responsibilities of hiring team, and develops service-level agreements to ensure an effective and efficient recruitment lifecycle while minimizing cost-per-hire.
• Works closely with the Director, Human Resources to collect and coordinate aggregate data for talent pool and translate this data into insights through analysis that drives deliberate action plans at the appropriate levels.
• Designs effective and efficient communications to keep Leadership and Management Team connected, informed, and on track with talent program solutions.
• All other duties as assigned by Vice President, People & Strategy.