Coordinator, Social Media
Pittsburgh PiratesPittsburgh, PA
Full Time Job
The Pirates Why
The Pittsburgh Pirates are a storied franchise in Major League Baseball who are reinventing themselves on every level. Boldly and relentlessly pursuing excellence by:
• purposefully developing a player and people-centered culture;
• deeply connecting with our fans, partners, and colleagues;
• passionately creating lifetime memories for generations of families and friends; and
• meaningfully impacting our communities and the game of baseball.
At the Pirates, we believe in the power of a diverse workforce and strive to create an inclusive culture centered in Passion, Innovation, Respect, Accountability, Teamwork, Empathy, and Service.
The Pittsburgh Pirates are seeking a Coordinator, Social Media to balance the creative needs of our organization with production deadlines and client (both internal and external) needs. The person in this role is responsible for assisting in the development and execution of strategic communications for the Pittsburgh Pirates social media accounts to include sales, marketing, business, and community initiatives. The Coordinator will assist with daily operation of Pirates social media platforms from offseason planning and posting, to in-game posting, off-day scheduling and more. This position will also assist with in-park and on-site social media activation in conjunction with corporate partnership and ticket sales programs, as well as other organizational initiatives. The employee must have confidence in dealing with the members of the media, as well as a willingness to take initiative and assume activities associated with communicating the Pirates organization's key messages.
As part of a small, dynamic, multi-hat wearing team, this individual will be able to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. We are looking for an individual who is self-motivated, flexible, extremely organized and detail-oriented.
• Assist the Social Media Manager with daily communications across all social media platforms, including creating, strategizing, scheduling, and publishing content for all Pirates social media platforms.
• Develop strategic long-term programs tailored for specific platforms to increase engagement and followers.
• Management of ancillary accounts, including community, ballpark, and mascot accounts.
• Oversee the organization's influencer efforts, including finding and corresponding with influencers to further Pirates marketing efforts.
• Collaborate with various internal and external content creators (photographers, videographers, designers, etc.)
• Engage in conversation across social channels to connect with our fans.
• Assist with social media analytics and reporting.
• Update Photoshop files for daily use in Pirates social media posts.
• Responsible for the oversight of in-park and off campus on-site social media activation for corporate partnership programs.
• Participate and/or cover Pirates business and community events.
• Active role in sales, marketing, community, and content creation.
• Maintain and implement knowledge of best practices and trends in social media.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Authorized to work lawfully in the United States.
• Minimum of one (1) year of experience in Business to Consumer (B2C) social media marketing or content development.
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field.
• Excellent understanding of social media and emerging technologies.
• Knowledge of and experience utilizing social media analytics tools (Ex: Zoomph, Emplifi, CrowdTangle, etc.).
• Basic understanding of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere, etc.).
• Ability to write original content.
• Willingness and ability to work flexible hours.
• Proficiency in Spanish a plus.
• Love for and knowledge of the sport of baseball preferred