Picturestart, LLCLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
JOB DESCRIPTION: Executive Assistant - SVP of Production and Director of Production, Film
PICTURESTART is seeking an Executive Assistant to the SVP of Production and Director of Production on the Features Side. Candidates ideally have one to two years of Assistant experience at a major studio, agency, production company, or management company. This is a great opportunity for someone who is eager to learn creative and production side of the entertainment industry.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Position to start immediately. Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Heavy reading and coverage
• Answer high volume of phones, scheduling meetings and maintain phone logs
• Handle expenses
• Help maintain Airtable / Google Docs
• Detailed notes for calls / meetings
• Maintain company-wide tracking and planning databases
• Organize and maintain internal information, including contacts, script organization, and folders with meticulous attention to detail
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• Strong project management, time management, and long-term planning skills
• Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task in fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal, strategic thinking, and reasoning skills
• Excellent analytical and written skills
• Exhibit a ''no task too big or small'' attitude and a sense of humor
• Practice high discretion
PICTURESTART, which focuses on ''discovery of voice'' content and storytelling, is the media company founded by producer and former studio executive Erik Feig. The company currently wrapped production on its second feature titled AM I OK? starring Dakota Johnson and Sonoya Mizuno, directed by Tig Notaro and Stephanie Allynne. PICTURESTART also has a rich and diverse slate of projects in various stages of development: the action-packed epic true story about Japan's first African samurai, YASUKE; the eagerly anticipated feature musical GREASE: SUMMER NIGHTS, for Paramount, produced with Temple Hill Productions; as well as the TV series based on the iconic musical, titled RISE OF THE PINK LADIES, from Paramount TV and also produced with Temple Hill; the high-school-cheating caper remake of the Thai hit BAD GENIUS; the film adaptation of the New York Times bestselling novel, WITH THE FIRE ON HIGH by Elizabeth Acevedo; the screen adaptation of Wattpad's international smash-hit novel, ALONG FOR THE RIDE by Rachel Meinke, which has accumulated more than 23.7 million reads to date; the TV series POINT FEAR, based on R.L. Stine's books published under Scholastic's imprint ''Point Horror''; and UNPREGNANT, a teen road-trip comedy based on the acclaimed novel written by Jenni Hendriks and Ted Caplan, which premiered on HBO Max in September.
PICTURESTART prohibits discrimination against employees and applicants for employment because of the individual's race, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.