Swing Data Archival Specialist
Picture ShopBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Night Shift Data Archival Specialist
The Data Archival Specialist is responsible for the creation and verification of all backend deliverables that a studio may require. This includes both digital transmission as well as creation of physical deliverables such as LTO tapes. This is a role with a heavy focus on the technical side of the post-production process and will involve managing large data transfers between multiple tiers of storage.
Note: This is a swing shift position. Must be able to work night. Anticipated shift is 7pm-3:30am.
• Establishing and maintaining a successful pipeline for file movement between various storage tiers on a large facility-wide scale.
• Ensuring that content meets the studio/network's requirements (color space, metadata, file formats, etc.)
• Creation of various checksums to ensure the integrity of the data being archived.
• Organizing and archiving large amounts of data to LTO in conjunction with client specifications.
• Uploading and tracking of archival content through various applications.
• Knowledge of Windows, MacOS and Linux operating systems
• 2 years of Linux shell experience
• 2 years of experience using both GNU tar and LTFs on LTO drives
• Able to generate and verify checksum files (SHA/MD5)
• Knowledge of Aspera, Signiant and File Catalyst file transfer methods
• High Attention to detail
• Must be able to work as part of a team
• Scripting is a plus but not required
• Basic knowledge of color gamut and gamma is a plus
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online