Picture ShopBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Assistant to the Colorist in a fast-paced post production company. Creates and helps manage the Colorist projects and sessions.
• Importing project elements
• Creating Timelines, linking elements, parsing media and ensuring accuracy
• Maintaining timeline accuracy while using edl's and aaf's to import various elements
• Cutting and dropping in clips between multiple timelines within the same project
• Color tracing
• Round tripping from Color back to Editorial
• Rendering various file formats
• Platform and panel skill with one or more of the following: Resolve, Baselight, Nucoda
• Familiar switching between monitor user settings and inputs
• Scope knowledge and understanding
• Video signal broadcast legalities
• Waveform signal comprehension
• Possess outstanding HD, UHD, 4K and HDR workflow understanding
• Able to troubleshoot and think outside the box when faced with technical difficulties
• Daily communications with the Colorist, In-House Producer and surrounding team about sessions, projects and equipment
• Able to understand and communicate the status of the projects at any given time
• Achieves operational objectives by ensuring workflow standards and procedures are followed
• Can work well in a team environment.
• Comprehension of studio security standards, guidelines, and practices, and the ability to maintain the highest levels of discretion as it relates to unreleased client content
• Critical understanding of both tape and file-based deliverable specs
• Must be familiar and comfortable with HD, UHD, 4K, and DolbyVision HDR workflows - including online editing, color correction, title and graphics creation, knowledge of network broadcast standards, title safe, timecode, etc. - for multiple studios and networks, across multiple editorial and color correction platforms, such as AVID, Flame, Resolve, Baselight, and Nucoda
• Must exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be organized, efficient, and accurate under pressure.
• Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously while displaying the highest level of professionalism, commitment, and work ethic.
• Prior work experience in a post-production facility is required.
• Strong understanding and experience with the television workflow post processes
• High School education or equivalent required.
• BA/BS in applicable field preferred.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Pet Insurance, 401K, PTO package
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online