Swing Shift Media Services Technician
Picture HeadHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking to bring on a talented Media Services Technician to work directly with Post Supervisors, edit and sound bays, and clients to ensure final products are technically sound and delivered to the highest standard.
Applicants must be able to work swing shift: 9:00p - 5:00a.
• Works directly with Supervisors in managing on-time deliveries of final product.
• Works closely with edit and sound bays to capture and layback to tape.
• Receives and transmits fiber feeds to and from clients as well as handles work prints, client approvals, and HD/SD domestic and Canadian finished spots.
• Troubleshoots connectivity between the bays and machine room.
• Conforms media files for file base deliverables including media capture, Final Cut Pro/Compressor exports, and media transfer.
• Manages DVD duplication as required. Handles down conversions, up conversions, and cross conversions.
• Handles DVD authoring for client presentation needs.
• Works closely with Label and QC department in delegating tasks and assistance as needed.
• Explicit knowledge of the post production process.
• Solid technical knowledge of various tape, media formats, and frame rates.
• Understanding of the operational practices of the Company (specifically machine room operations).
• Ability to multi-task and perform duties quickly and accurately; detail oriented.
• Good interpersonal and communications skills.
• Knowledge of multiple file-based editing programs; Final Cut Pro X/7, Adobe Premiere, Davinci Resolve, Compressor, Audition, and Media Encoder.
High School Graduate; advanced degree in Film is a plus
Experience at a Post Production Company preferred.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401K, Pet Insurance
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online