Phoenix SunsPhoenix, AZ
Full Time Job
The primary responsibility for this position is to assist and support key stakeholders in various departments in all creative requests. The Sr. Graphic Designer will be responsible for the conceptual, creative design, and production of material requested of them. Requests consist of, but not limited to; sales collateral, proposals, recaps, partner creative (digital and traditional), invites, mock-ups, social media, signage, package design, and more.
Primary (Essential) Duties
• Serve as the direct liaison between Creative Services and Marketing Partnerships
• Focus efforts by working with aforementioned individual team members to understand business objectives and departmental goals
• Design collateral as requested (mock-ups, logos, decks, sales collateral, brochures, posters, etc.)
• Attend meetings as requested in support of Marketing Partnership goals and initiatives
• Manage multiple high-priority projects simultaneously while adhering to tight deadlines and meticulous management of creative assets for each project
• Prioritize incoming creative requests with an emphasis on supporting revenue production
• Supervise and mentor a small group of Production Designers and interns
• Design original artwork including logo lockups, illustrations, social media art, and infographics
• Assist in other creative duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
• Typographic, layout, composition, color theory and information design
• Photo manipulation; resize, crop, add/remove objects, color correct
• Knowledge in designing static & animated ads for web, social, email, etc.
• Computer skills required: Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop); Apple Mac OSX platform, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook);
• CMYK Printing Processes & Production
• Copywriting/proofreading skills a plus
• Knowledge of After Effects and other animating software is a major plus
• Understanding of HTML and CSS, current web design trends and practices
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining strong attention to detail
• Ability to brainstorm creative ideas in a small group setting
• Ability to understand business objectives and goals and prioritize tasks to meet said goals
• Minimum of four (4) years of experience in graphic design. Experience in Sports Entertainment is preferred but not required.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
• Traditional Business hours with occasional evenings, weekends, some holidays and some overtime to meet business needs.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.
The Phoenix Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer
• How did you hear about this job?
• Please share salary requirements. Be specific.