Social Media Strategy Coordinator
Phoenix SunsPhoenix, AZ
Full Time Job
SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGY COORDINATOR
Suns Legacy Partners includes several companies and many different departments that support the Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Mercury and Footprint Center.
Would you like to win championships and create sustained success? Suns Legacy Partners is looking for individuals that are committed to pursuing excellence and be part of creating memorable experiences.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Coordinator, Social Media Strategy with the Brand Social Department. This position will be responsible for developing social strategy and supporting our social media producers in event coverage. The main goal is to drive brand love and engagement across Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Mercury, and Footprint Center social channels. This role will focus on organic content across channels while also delivering on partner entitlements. The coordinator will be a key member of a dynamic social team, converging brand goals, content strategy, and performance analytics within our social and digital ecosystem.
Suns Legacy Partners (SLP) strives for a work culture that a?ords employees - exibility, autonomy, and trust. Across our many departments, many SLP employees participate in the SLP Remote Work Program and are able to work remotely in their homes, in o?ces, and in hoteling spaces. All work, including remote work, should be performed within Arizona.
What Will You Do:
• Ideate and create engaging, fresh, and interesting organic content to grow our social footprint as well as utilizing social media to support and reach sales initiatives.
• Support Social Media Managers in game day and event coverage, which includes but is not limited to publishing, content curation, community management and photography
• Analyze and optimize campaign performance across Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Mercury, and Footprint Center social channels using social analytics tools
• Engage in community management by having conversation across social channels with fans, players, artists, local media, etc. while building followers and engaging influencers through multiple social media channels
• Develop influencer strategies for key initiatives using social analytics tools
• Support Social Media Managers in maintaining a daily, weekly, and monthly social media calendar for both organic and branded content
• Leverage trending topics and conversations in real-time to capitalize on content opportunities to amplify the voice/brand for the Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Mercury, and Footprint Center
• Quickly recognize and react to real-time trends and current events by developing concepts
• Collaborate with Social Media Manager and Business Intelligence team on social media KPIs
• Support the Partnerships team with planning and coordination of partner activations, such as digital and social deliverables, branded content, and video series
• Develop growth strategies for emerging social platforms
What We Need From Our Job Title:
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• A passion for social media, as well as sports, entertainment, and pop culture
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to develop relationships
• Possess a high level of confidentiality to handle sensitive information
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including long hours, evening, weekends, holidays
Experience/ Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree (required)
• 2 years of experience working with social brand, voice, strategy
• Experience supporting social strategies across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, Snapchat, and other emerging platforms
• Deep knowledge about social media platforms, with the ability to educate various internal departments on the ever-changing world of social trends and culture
• Experienced content creator, shooter, and editor to execute content in real time across multiple platforms (preferred)
What You Can Expect:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings, and some holidays to meet business needs
• Ability to stand, walk, sit for various periods of time
• Occasional travel from time to time for professional development
• This position works mainly indoors, outdoor work possible but rare
• S-Sedentary Work – Exerting up to 10 – 25 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible about of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met
• Position is predominately computer-based, requiring the use of a computer monitor
• Must be able to carry on a conversation both on the phone and in-person
• Ability to Read, Write & Speak in English
• Wide range of fulltime benefit options including
• Medical, Dental and Vision coverages
• Life and Disability options
• Vacation, sick and holiday leave programs
• In-arena work requirements with the potential of hybrid schedules based on each role and department.
• Visit out Culture page to learn more about our culture and work environment
Suns Legacy Partners, LLC. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
For questions about this career opportunity, please contact our People & Culture Recruiting team at SLPrecruiting@suns.com