Social Media Intern, Mercury
Phoenix SunsPhoenix, AZ
This was removed by the employer on 1/31/2023 11:26:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Social Media Intern, Mercury jobs in Phoenix-AZ
Search all Social Media Intern, Mercury postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Social Media Intern, Phoenix Mercury
Social & Digital
Suns Legacy Partners includes several companies and many different departments that support the Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Mercury and Footprint Center.
Would you like to win championships and create sustained success? Suns Legacy Partners is looking for individuals that are committed to pursuing excellence and be part of creating memorable experiences.
Suns Legacy Partners is seeking a Social Media Intern to support our Phoenix Mercury social & brand team. This internship will predominately be focused on game coverage, social media reporting, influencer program development, TikTok and community management. This position will be from March - October 2023.
What Will You Do:
• Collaborate with Phoenix Mercury team to create new content strategies for showcasing the team and players specifically focused on IG and TikTok
• Support game day coverage for home and away games of Phoenix Mercury
• Develop content calendars and support publishing across Phoenix Mercury channels (IG, FB, Twitter, TikTok, Snapchat, YouTube)
• Engage in community management/fan response across social channels.
• Surface trending WNBA topics and conversations in real-time to capitalize on content opportunities
• Support research and development of the Phoenix Mercury influencer program
• Produce weekly reporting decks of channel analytics
What We Need From Our Intern:
• Knowledge of Social Media Platforms
• At least beginner level Photography
• Intermediate Copywriting
• Experience with Adobe Suite
• WNBA Knowledge
• Ability to work on a team and individually
• Critical Thinking & Multi-Tasking
• A passion for women in sports, the WNBA
• Strong attention to detail, organizational, and time management skills
• Ability to multi-task and be a self-starter
• Ability to focus and be flexible in pressure situations and resolve conflicts in a calm and professional manner
• Possess a high level of relationship skills to handle sensitive and confidential information
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evening, weekends, holidays
• Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus
What You Can Expect:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings, and some holidays to meet business needs
• Ability to stand, walk, sit for various periods of time
• Occasional travel from time to time for professional development
• This position works mainly indoors, removed from extreme weather; exposure to weather is <5%
• S-Sedentary Work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible about of force frequently
• Position is predominately computer-based, requiring the use of a computer monitor
• Must be able to carry on a conversation both on the phone and in-person
• Ability to Read, Write & Speak in English
• Discounts at Fanatics Team Shop
• Tickets available for Phoenix Mercury and Rattlers games
• Visit our Culture page to learn more about our culture and work environment
Suns Legacy Partners, LLC. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
For questions about this career opportunity, please contact our People & Culture Recruiting team at SLPrecruiting@suns.com