Senior Graphic Designer
Phoenix SunsPhoenix, AZ
Full Time Job
Senior Graphic Designer, Centercourt Studios
The Phoenix Suns are seeking an experienced graphic designer for our in house Centercourt Studios creative and content department. This individual will support the co-department head in helping tell the story of the Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Mercury and Talking Stick Resort Arena. The Senior Designer is a key role within Centercourt studios and brings specialized knowledge, first-rate design techniques, and impeccable project management skills, coupled with exemplary high-level client interaction skills across all levels of company executives, demonstrated ability to mentor developing designers, and work within deadlines with little oversight or guidance. This individual will have decision-making authority within the department will take a lead role on major projects such as campaign design development, process workflow, management and employee growth and development. The ability and comfortability collaborating with other department heads and team executives is a necessity. Supervision of multiple intermediate and junior designers on creative conception and proof approval will also be required. Understanding of the Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Mercury, the NBA, WNBA and its culture is essential.
What You Will Do
• Serve as lead designer on major level projects from conception, development, and through to final delivery within expected deadlines
• Attend high-level meetings with Creative Lead to provide creative solutions on large projects
• Direct liaison between Creative Services and other divisions of the company
• Focus efforts by collaborating with team members to understand business objectives and departmental goals
• Design collateral as requested (campaigns, logos, marketing collateral, brochures, invites, etc.)
• Clearly share timeline and expectations in conjunction with the completion of all creative needs
• Assist in other creative duties as assigned
• Maintains regular and reliable attendance
What We Need From Our Designer
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining strong attention to detail
• Ability to brainstorm creative ideas in a small group setting
• Ability to take direction from others
• Ability to understand business objectives and goals and prioritize tasks to meet said goals
• Ability to thrive as part of a team and provide guidance to developing team members
• Professional in appearance, attitude and attire
• Typographic, layout, composition, color theory and information design
• Photo manipulation; resize, crop, add/remove objects, color correct
• Knowledge in designing static & animated ads for web, social, email, etc.
• Computer skills required: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook); Adobe Creative Services Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects); Apple Mac OSX platform
• CMYK Printing Processes & Production
• In collaboration with the Creative Lead, supervise intermediate and junior designers. Approving work, managing deadlines, providing proven design techniques, and mentoring development
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in graphic design with in-house sports or agency environment preferred
• Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, or similar field is preferred
Additional eligibility requirements
• Senior Designer's often work on top level projects that should remain closed to public knowledge, therefore they must adhere to a strict NDA regarding top-level business and basketball operations projects
Work environment & Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This position maintains regular/traditional business hours with some evenings, weekends and holidays as business needs arise.
• Travel may require air travel and/or overnight stays for one or more nights.
• Work indoors, away from the elements
• Ability to work and communicate in noisy environments
• Capable of Public Communication, including public speaking
• Ability to judge distance
• This role is computer based and will require extended periods of time working in front of a computer screen
• Capable of distinguishing colors and shades of color
• Communicating with others to exchange information
• Ability to respond quickly to sounds/alarms
• Ability to see and respond to dangerous situations
• Ability to make quick decisions
• Supervise workers
• Speak publicly
• Interpret data
• Ability to Read, Write & Speak in English
The Phoenix Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The home of the Suns and Mercury is going through a $230M transformation. The reimagined arena will be the preeminent destination for sports and entertainment in the Southwest. The transformation includes an expanded pavilion featuring more than 8,500 square feet of video screen and a massive centerpiece bar (making it the largest sports bar in Arizona), state-of-the-art 5G Technology to ensure a seamless fan experience, a new video board in the bowl, 6x larger and with 6 times the resolution & clarity of the old board, theatre lighting, brand new bars and upgraded premium spaces. The Suns are emblematic of the energy and youth of the NBA, which continues to the be the global sports leader in innovation and community. The Suns' stars of today, both on-and-off the court, will continue to evolve the story of one of the league's most exciting franchises.