Operations & Research Manager
Phoenix SunsPhoenix, AZ
Full Time Job
Oversee and manage the Marketing Partnerships Operations team. Assist with all operational areas of the business as needed. Work to ensure the most effective and efficient recourses /vendors are in place to retain and grow Marketing Partners and assist/streamline any cross departmental needs.
Primary (Essential) Duties
• Facilitate all research, surveys and qualitative/quantitative reporting for Marketing Partnerships in conjunction with the Analytics team
• Lead/oversee team with regards to inventory pricing/updates/management/yearly rollover, creation and submittal of all leadership and league/team reporting (STAR), Account Receivables, expense management, media trafficking, partner measurement, the renewal process where appropriate, sales deck creation and CRM training presentations
• Manage and maintain relationships with all third-party vendors to ensure maximization of their services included but not limited to Turnkey, Nielsen, Scarborough, Stone Timber River, KORE, The List and Repucom
• Negotiate agreements and track expenses for all 3rd party vendors in collaboration with SVP, Marketing Partnerships
• Train all Marketing Partnerships staff on 3rd party vendor and StoneTimber River/CRM utilization to maintain data accuracy
• Provide accurate, reliable data for all revenue and CRM including Suns, Mercury and Legends Entertainment District Revenue Trackers and Roll Forward Reports
• Work to ensure the most up to date CRM, data, and traffic systems are in place and effectively being used by team members to manage resources and time
• Prepare, analyze and submit monthly SLM Reports and quarterly STAR
• Assist sales and activation in renewal of key accounts
• Outline strategy, design, category research, analytics, etc.
• Work across departments to determine areas for more efficiency and process improvement
Management responsibilities include:
• Manage day to day development, coaching, performance feedback, and establish developmental plans when applicable for Operations team
• Create an effective work environment by developing a common vision, setting clear objectives, expecting teamwork, and maintaining open communication
• Collaborate with Analytics and Marketing Partnerships leadership team in the overall strategic direction for the department including: Expense management, inventory accuracy/reporting, developing sales collateral, implementation of successful prospecting and pitching, sales campaigns/incentives (when necessary)
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
• Ability to create advanced data visualizations using a platform (Tableau, Spotfire, Looker, etc.) a plus
• Must have working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
• Must have strong working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop;
• Must be a strong and creative writer and be able to tell a story around the brand;
• Must be a strategic, creative thinker;
• Must have strong presentation skills;
• Must have strong attention to detail;
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use utmost discretion when privy to sensitive information;
• Must have the ability to maintain an impeccable professional appearance;
• Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion with regard to interpersonal relationships;
• Experience using and/or maintaining a CRM system (Microsoft Dynamics) preferred
• 2 years' experience leading operations team
• High proficiency using excel
• The ability to collaborate with a diverse group of stakeholders, gaining their trust, confidence, and respect as well as the ability to build consensus among stakeholders with varying interests and objectives
• Strong interpersonal and leadership abilities with excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work cross departmentally and be nimble
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
A. Travel Requirements
• May be required to travel on rare occasions (<5% travel); trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
B. Physical Demands
• This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds
C. Work Environment
• The incumbent works primarily in an office environment but is expected to attend games and other events on evenings, weekends and holidays.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.
The Phoenix Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer
M/F/D/VWe are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Please share salary requirements. Be specific.