HR Benefits Assistant
Phoenix SunsPhoenix, AZ
This was removed by the employer on 1/18/2022 3:16:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Human Resources Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for HR Benefits Assistant jobs in Phoenix-AZ
Search all HR Benefits Assistant postings
Part Time Job
HR Benefits Assistant (Part-time / Temporary)
Sports and Entertainment Services (SES) supports the management of the Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Mercury, and Footprint Center. The Human Resources department is currently recruiting for a part-time, temporary HR Benefits Assistant. This role will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operations of the organization’s benefits program. This will include tracking enrollment deadlines, coordinating election submission with employees, carriers, and vendors, along with providing reporting to HR and operational leadership teams. The Benefits Assistant will also assist with Worker’s Compensation claims, obtaining information from employees and/or managers and communicating with representatives at the assigned carriers. This position will also assist with other HR functions on occasion, including but not limited to recruitment and onboarding efforts.
This position will require in-office attendance and is expected to be available from January until at least the end of the NBA playoffs (June), with a possible extension based on the needs of the organization through the WNBA regular season (September). The position also has the potential to be renewed / extended based on the performance of the selected individual. Regardless of anticipated duration, the incumbent’s employment will be considered at-will and can be terminated at any time by either party for any reason.
What we need from our Assistant:
• Process administrative tasks related to employee benefits enrollments and changes due to qualifying life events (QLE).
• Work with employees to obtain documentation related to dependent verifications.
• Support tracking and reporting related to new hire and QLE enrollments.
• Prepare documentation for Evidence of Insurability (EOI) related to life and disability insurance changes.
• May contribute to audits involving new hire, QLE, and open enrollment (OE) submissions to insurance carriers.
• Communicate with former employees and enrollees on COBRA eligibility.
• This may include sending and receiving enrollment forms and premium payments for internal processing.
• Submit and respond to Worker’s Compensation incidents and inquiries.
• Coordinate with internal Payroll and Accounting departments to ensure enrollment deductions and COBRA payments are accurately reflected.
• Answer general questions regarding benefits policies, procedures and events.
• Assist with other special projects and tasks as assigned
Our Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
• A minimum of 1-2 years direct benefits administration and general office experience preferred.
• Strict adherence to confidentiality and understanding of basic business relationships.
• Must be extremely accurate in data entry, with strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
• Ability to demonstrate consistent empathetic communication skills through in-person, verbal, and written interactions.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe. Familiarity with UKG (UltiPro) is a plus.
• Ability to comfortably and effectively interact with all levels of leadership and staff as well as outside clients and vendors.
• Ability to work in a team environment while effectively completing independent assignments.
What can you expect:
• Average 20-25 hours per week in-office, with some flexibility on scheduled days.
• Selected candidate must be able to provide proof of vaccination status against COVID-19 prior to their first date of employment, in accordance with the policy of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
• The physical demands are representative of those required for the employee to be successful in performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities.
• This role is computer based and will require extended periods of time working in front of a computer screen.
• Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed, with or without notice, on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.• Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check