Event Security Officer
Phoenix SunsPhoenix, AZ
Full Time Job
Event Security personnel have a direct responsibility for the welfare and safety of Phoenix Suns Arena. By maintaining established security policies and procedures, staff will protect Phoenix Suns Arena, it's assets, employees, and guests.
Shifts include games, concerts, ticketed events and other small events. One (1) to two (2) shifts per week based on monthly events' calendar are required. Shifts will average 4.5 to 5 hours. Successful candidates have availability to work 75% of scheduled events.
What will my main duties be?
Most of the shift will be searching all guests' bags for prohibited items and monitoring guest flow through electronic detectors, utilizing hand wands when necessary. Providing outstanding Customer Service is a main component of this role. Personnel will serve as information specialists responding professionally and patiently to guests' comments, questions, and requests as well as greet, welcome, and thank customers as they arrive and exit each event.
• Have a clear understanding of and ensure arena policies and procedures are followed
• Maintain order and ensure adherence to all safety rules
• Have a strong understanding of the arena layout to provide guests assistance and clear direction including during emergency situations
• To ensure safety monitor and control crowds during all events; report any suspicious activity or unattended items to supervisor in the moment
• Verify credentials to control access into restricted areas
• Immediately report any safety violations/injuries to supervisor. Write clear and concise incident reports
• Respond quickly and accurately to an incident. Utilize friendly persuasion and be firm and consistent while maintaining the highest professional standards
• Monitor, patrol and respond to alarms/emergency situations inside/outside the Arena
• Provide outstanding customer service that exceeds guests' expectations
• Balance a variety of customer inquiries in a professional manner including but not limited to seating/ticket issues
• Look for opportunities to improve guest experience.
What does the ideal candidate look like?
• Excellent customer service skills, friendly, outgoing personality, verbal communication and ability to persuade
• Works well with co-workers and supervisors in a team environment
• Maintain a neat, professional appearance as outlined by the Phoenix Suns organization
• Ability to remain calm and focused during a fast pace environment
• Ability to exercise sound judgment to diffuse volatile situations
• Ability to memorize layout of Phoenix Suns Arena
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products is helpful
• May be assigned to different areas after most guests are seated. The ability to work in any position assigned is required.
• High school diploma required
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• At least 6 months of previous customer service experience in a fast-paced environment
• Past security experience is helpful
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
While there is a set start time, shifts will average 4.5 – 5 hrs but may be as long as 17 hrs. End times are not definite, they are an approximation determined on the estimate event length, delays in start times, additional events, overtime, encores, etc. may cause delays in the end of shifts.
Event Security Personnel do work in all weather conditions conducting multiple foot patrols of the facility without assistance or standing at stationary posts for several hours. Due to the nature of our business, employees work in an environment with large crowds and loud noises. Personnel will be subject to intense heights, including climbing ladders, walking on a catwalk 90 feet above ground level, climbing steep stairs on top levels, etc.
• Visual acuity.
• Dexterity to manipulate radios, vehicle screening mirrors, hand wands and other essential equipment
• Ability to lift items weighing 25 pounds or more such as barricade, boxes, bags, etc
• Ability to carry objects of 30 yards without assistance
• Ability to physically defend themselves and others
• Able to reach, twist, and kneel
• Ability to respond to emergencies in a timely manner without assistance.
• Ability to assist guests and staff in emergencies, including pushing wheelchairs and/or picking up, dragging, or otherwise moving persons in distress.
Experience Preferred 2