Director, Game Production
Phoenix SunsPhoenix, AZ
This was removed by the employer on 11/6/2022 3:16:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Director, Game Production jobs in Phoenix-AZ
Search all Director, Game Production postings
Full Time Job
The Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Mercury, and Footprint Center are seeking a talented and experienced individual to join our family as the new Director of Game Production. This role will be responsible for directing the in-arena screen shows for the Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Mercury, and Arizona Rattlers. This position will serve as the primary contact in collaborations with other departments to ensure seamless experiences between live and on-screen visuals.
What You Will Do:
• Direct the in-arena screen shows (or oversee the direction) for the Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Mercury and Arizona Rattlers
• Assist in the set-up of the control room for games including the configuration of VR, MAVS, switcher, wipes, replay effects, dissolves and monitoring of all video sources
• Develops a detailed plan for strategically shooting each game
• Load produced videos into VR and create playlist based on game format
• Manage game night employees to include but not limited to hiring, training, discipline, coaching, resolving grievances, submit payroll and terminations when necessary
• Set work hours and assignments, determine techniques to perform work and distribute work among game night employees
• Schedule and assign camera operators and control room personnel for game-night responsibilities
• Post-Game: prepare a game melt that includes all relevant angles
• Organize VR playlists, delete outdated material
• Create compilation recordings for performance teams
What We Need from our Director:
• Video producing, camera operation skills a plus
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
• Strong administrative and time management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills a must, as well as the ability to successfully work in a team environment
• Development of connections with other stakeholders, including employees in other departments and external vendors, to achieve efficient completion of business objectives.
• Will be required to collaborate effectively with Game Presentation department to deliver seamless in-arena experience for guests
• Adaptable leadership style to the needs of the individual; coaches and motivates effectively
• Capacity to act as the key contact and advisor to management on matters relating to the planning and scoping the day-to-day of work of the Game Production function
• Ability to strategically balance critical factors (competence, motivation, development, risk) to delegate work effectively
• 3 years of experience directing NBA in-arena screen show or related field
• 2 years of supervisory experience
• 4-year college degree required
• Experience with Character Generator a plus
What You Can Expect:
This position attends all home games and a minimum of (75%) of events including community and member events both on and off site.
• Due to the game/event needs this role has a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
• During the season, extended hours will be required to meet the needs of the organization.
• 95% indoor work
L-Light Work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects. Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even though the weight of those materials is negligible. NOTE: The constant stress and strain of maintaining a productions rate pace, especially in an industrial setting, can be and is physically demanding of a worker even though the amount of force exerted is negligible.
• Ability to lift/move heavy camera equipment and cables.
• Ability to work and communicate in noisy environments
• Ability to judge distance
• This role is computer based and will require extended periods of time working in front of a computer screen
• Capable of distinguishing colors and shades of color
• Capable of listening carefully and speaking to others on the telephone/two-way radio
• Communicating with others to exchange information
• Ability to Read, Write & Speak in English
The physical demands are representative of those required for the employee to be successful in performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this role on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.