Assistant Director, Traffic Support
Phoenix SunsPhoenix, AZ
This was removed by the employer on 3/6/2023 1:26:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Assistant Director, Traffic Support jobs in Phoenix-AZ
Search all Assistant Director, Traffic Support postings
Full Time Job
Suns Legacy Partners includes several companies and many different departments that support the Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Mercury and Footprint Center.
Would you like to win championships and create sustained success? Suns Legacy Partners is looking for individuals that are committed to pursuing excellence and be part of creating memorable experiences.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as an Assistant Director with our Traffic Support team. This position will be responsible for supervising both the day-to-day operations of the Footprint Center Arena, Jefferson & the Chase Field Garages as well as the event activities for each location. In the absence of the Senior Director, he/she acts a facilitator providing leadership and direction to the Traffic Support Department.
Suns Legacy Partners (SLP) strives for a work culture that a?ords employees - exibility, autonomy, and trust. Across our many departments, many SLP employees participate in the SLP Remote Work Program and are able to work remotely in their homes, in o?ces, and in hoteling spaces. All work, including remote work, should be performed within Arizona.
What Will You Do:
• Work with team and People & Culture to recruit and select the best candidates for Traffic Support Services
• Oversee all the aspects of the parking operations (both daily & event) for the:
• Footprint Center Arena Garage
• Jefferson Street Garage
• Chase Field Garage
• Work closely with the Event Operations Staff at the Footprint Center Arena & Chase Field.
• Ensure compliance with organizational & department policies and procedures.
• Utilize technology and parking systems to enhance the staff and guest experience.
• Manage multiple facilities, tasks, employees and operational needs to ensure the operational objectives are being met.
• Communicate regularly with department management team regarding matters that impact their duties and staff.
• Develop and train managers, supervisors, cashiers, and parking attendants to meet job expectations.
• Assist managers and supervisors in handling customer complaints and operational issues.
• Contribute to the creation and management of department budget.
• Monitor & manage effective revenue control procedures.
• Oversee the customer service program to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Liaison with:
• Phoenix Police & Fire Departments
• Street Transportation Department
• Downtown Phoenix Partnership
• Phoenix Convention Center
• Summit Condos
• Surrounding Parking Operators
What We Need from Our Assistant Director:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Self-starter, able to function independently.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Previous experience managing a budget.
• Ability to create & maintain a Team environment.
• Ability to plan and organize work by recognizing priorities and deadlines.
• Knowledge of City of Phoenix Street “Traffic Barricade Manual & Requirements.”
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all staff levels.
• 3-5 years of management experience in the parking industry.
• 2 plus years leading direct reports preferred.
Experience/ Education Requirements:
• Experience with revenue control equipment.
• Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
What You Can Expect:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings, and some holidays to meet business needs
• Ability to stand, walk, sit for various periods of time
• Occasional travel from time to time for professional development
• This position works mainly indoors, removed from extreme weather; exposure to weather is <5%
• M-Medium Work – Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25
pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force
constantly to move objects.
• Position is predominately computer-based, requiring the use of a computer monitor
• Must be able to carry on a conversation both on the phone and in-person
• Ability to Read, Write & Speak in English
• Wide range of fulltime benefit options including
• Medical, Dental and Vision coverages
• Life and Disability options
• Vacation, sick and holiday leave programs
• In-arena work requirements with the potential of hybrid schedules based on each role and department.
• Discounts at Fanatics Team Shop
• Tickets available for Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Mercury and Rattlers games
• Visit our Culture page learn more about our culture and work environment.
Suns Legacy Partners, LLC. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
For questions about this career opportunity, please contact our People & Culture Recruiting team at SLPrecruiting@suns.com