Account Executive - Marketing Partnerships
Phoenix SunsPhoenix, AZ
Full Time Job
Responsible for the generation of new Marketing Partnership revenue for the Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Mercury, and Legends Entertainment District properties. Achieve both individual and departmental revenue goals through the sale of media, signage, promotions, digital, print, suites, tickets and all other Team marketing assets.
Reports to : VP of Sales- Marketing Partnerships
Primary (Essential) Duties
• Generate revenue through the sale of ''new'' corporate partnership relationships
• Make a high volume of dynamic cold calls, conduct client needs analysis meetings and close business in a timely manner
• Effectively qualify leads and maintain an active pipeline of potential business opportunities
• Develop dynamic sales presentations for current and new marketing partners by incorporating research, category dynamics and the ability to showcase a clear understanding of partner's marketing goals
• Network and build positive long term relationships with key decision makers
• Manage and ensure activation of all marketing partner programs in cooperation with members of the Activation staff
• Provide accurate and reliable reporting information to be used in forecasting and management updates
o Significant understanding of CRM and participation in sales tracking for multiple properties
• Assist and engage with prospects and partners during Suns/Mercury games and events
• Collaborate with multiple departments in a positive and respectful manner
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
• Experience in pitching six figure partnerships
• Experience in presenting to Sr. Management Team
• Demonstrate an understanding of marketplace on both a local and national level
• Strong relationships with senior level marketing executives at relevant marketing corporations located in or doing business in the market
• Sufficient understanding of media/advertising buys to communicate value of sponsorship vs. pure media as a marketing solution
• Strong interpersonal and leadership abilities with excellent oral and written communication skills
• A creative salesperson with the ability to open doors and a demonstrated track record for closing innovative sponsorships and reaching targeted quotas
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to problem solve
• Strong understanding of MS word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Ability to multi-task and manage projects/tasks simultaneously
• Excellent customer service skills
• Maintain positive attitude and adapt to fast paced working environment
• High energy and a personality that thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment
• A leading work ethic and a competitive instinct to win
• College degree- BA/ BS or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in sales
o Preferably with a professional sports team or league
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
• Flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings, and some holidays to meet business needs.
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time for home games and events
• Must be comfortable in a crowd of people, in a loud environment
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.
The Phoenix Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer
• How did you hear about this job?
• Please share salary requirements. Be specific.