Intern - Mercury Athletic Training
Phoenix MercuryPhoenix, AZ
This was removed by the employer on 4/19/2021 1:16:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Mercury Athletic Training jobs in Phoenix-AZ
Search all Intern - Mercury Athletic Training postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Intern - Mercury Athletic Training?
The Phoenix Mercury are seeking an Athletic Training Intern. The purpose of this clinical experience is to provide you with opportunities to practice and apply the skills you have learned in the classroom. This experience serves as an essential learning environment in the professional basketball setting, where a BOC certified athletic trainer serves as your supervisor. Consistent with Arizona law, the ATC will provide direct supervision of the student at all times.
What our Intern can expect from us:
• To provide practical opportunities to apply knowledge and skills learned throughout didactic education (prevention, evaluation, rehabilitation, documentation, etc.)
• To provide opportunities to demonstrate behavior and attributes required for professional effectiveness and consistent patient and/or co-worker satisfaction. (such as: interpersonal skills, commitment to learning, communication skills, time/stress management, use of constructive feedback, problem solving, professionalism, responsibility, critical thinking, etc.)
• To provide opportunities to demonstrate sound and informed decision making regarding the prescribed standards of practice and ethics of the profession of athletic training.
• To provide practical opportunities to gain mentorship and feedback from sports medicine professionals of various backgrounds (athletic trainers, physical therapists, strength & conditioning coaches, physicians, etc.)
Expected Learning Opportunities
• Practice/event coverage
• Pre-participation screening
• Acute injury management
• Clinical evaluation
• Home program development
• Strength & conditioning observation/exposure
• Orthopedic physician observation/exposure
What you will do:
• Establish daily/weekly goals
• Assist with taping and pre-practice routine
• Practice/game set-up and break down
• Administrative tasks such as supply inventory, documentation, etc.
• Greeting/hosting visiting teams
• Implement pre-determined rehab programs
• Assist Strength & Conditioning Coach with set-up and break down
What we need from our Intern:
• The AT intern is to ensure strict confidentiality of information regarding athletes and their records, in accordance with Phoenix Mercury policies and procedures.
• The AT intern shall not discuss the health status (e.g. athletic injuries, diseases) of any patient with anyone other than the Head ATC, Strength Coach, or Team Physician.
• The AT intern shall not provide any information to friends, press, parents, coaches, professors, teammates etc.
• The AT intern is expected to sign a confidentiality agreement prior to the start of their clinical experience.
• The AT intern in is expected to commit fully to this experience. Interns must conduct themselves in an exemplary manner at all times. Any misconduct or violation of this agreement will result in reprimand and be relayed to the director of clinical education. More serious violations or substandard behavior may result in further consequence.
• The AT intern shall report immediately any concerns regarding agreement, experience, or unlawful acts.
• Medical record confidentiality
• Specific start/end times will vary based on daily requirements/needs. All duties and responsibilities must be completed prior to departure.
• The AT intern shall wear appropriate and professional work attire. Expectation is for the ATS to wear a collared shirt, khaki pants, and appropriate footwear. Please refrain from other sport team apparel throughout this experience. Employee badge is to be worn at all times.
• The AT intern shall refrain from using cell phones during clinical experience, unless otherwise approved.
• The AT intern shall not record or post any photo, document, conversation or activity on social media that in any way involves Mercury athletes or staff.
• All interns are expected to abide by the NATA Code of Ethics and policies outlined in the Phoenix Mercury employee handbook. A full copy of the handbook can be requested for further review.
The AT intern can expect evaluation to be on a daily and weekly basis. Both informal and formal meetings will take place at several times throughout the experience.
The AT intern shall present an in-service to the Mercury sports medicine staff on a topic of their choosing prior to the end of the internship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.