Minor League Nutrition Coordinator, Dietitian
Philadelphia PhilliesClearwater, FL
This was removed by the employer on 5/16/2019 5:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Minor League Nutrition Coordinator, Dietitian jobs in Clearwater-FL
Search all Minor League Nutrition Coordinator, Dietitian postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Minor League Nutrition Coordinator, Dietitian? POSITION OVERVIEW: The Philadelphia Phillies Minor League Dietitian is responsible for selecting and ordering the meals that our minor league players and coaches will consume throughout the season, as well as for providing our minor league players and coaches with effective strategies to optimize their performance and improve their well-being. Through the benefits of nutrition and science, the Dietitian will enable the athletes the ability to manage their body composition and perform at their highest level.
• Oversee the Minor League nutrition program in its entirety, including some travel to affiliates for visits and coordinating minor league nutrition staff.
• Assess and analyze dietary practices, body composition, and energy balance (intake and expenditure) of players in the context of athletic performance.
• Counseling athletes on daily practices for optimal nutrition to achieve and maintain good health and peak performance. This will include exercise, competition, recovery from exercise, weight management, hydration practices, disorder eating, travel discipline, and supplementation.
• Provide personalized meal and snack plans, as well as hydration protocols to promote short and long-term health goals.
• Work with medical and strength and conditioning team to provide nutrition therapy. Help manage medical conditions from a nutritional standpoint to aid in the recovery of an illness or injury.
• Work with individuals who have nutritional obstacles such as: allergies, vitamin/mineral deficiencies, gastrointestinal disturbances, eating disorders, etc.
• Evaluate the latest trends with nutritional supplements, including natural herbals, for legality, safety, quality, and efficiency. Monitor the use of supplements by each athlete, and promote the NSF Certified for Sport program.
• Collaborate with team physicians, field staff, coaches, athletic trainers, team chef, and front office as appropriate on athlete records.
• Provide education on food selection and ingredients through tours of grocery stores as well as understanding how to read ingredients on products.
• Educate athletes with food preparation and storage practices through cooking demonstrations.
• Educate and mentor dietetic assistants, interns, and chefs, as well as caterers.
• Monitor, evaluate, and document each athlete, with their individualized nutritional service, and make adjustments as needed.
• Often required to work a non-standard work week, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
FOOD SERVICE AND MENU DEVELOPMENT:
• Manage budget and order meals from caterers for home and road games for all domestic affiliates.
• Oversee meals and snacks at our complex in the Dominican Republic.
• Facilitate catering, meal plans, and nutritional guidance for all minor league affiliates, instructional leagues, and strength camps.
• Evaluate new trends in nutrition, hydration products, and ingredients related to enhancing performance.
• Recommend and educate athletes on appropriate pre, during, and post exercise fluids, snacks, and meals for training and game days.
• Develop and deliver nutritional education presentations and demonstrations on topics related to enhancing performance though nutrition.
• Ability to standardize specific recipes for food, juices, and smoothies.
CHARACTERISTICS / QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor's Degree in clinical nutrition, food and nutrition, food science, sports nutrition or related expertise required.
• Master's degree in nutrition, food science, or exercise physiology required.
• Completion of a didactic program in nutrition and supervised program approved by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) or formally, Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education (CADE) of the American Dietetic Association.
• Certification and Licensing as required by the state of Florida.
• Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics preferred.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and counseling skills.
• Minimum one year of experience as a Sports Nutritionist within a professional or collegiate program.
• Ability to accurately measure height and weight, as well as assess body composition.
• Knowledge of eating disorders and any signs and symptoms.
• Knowledge and application of medical nutrition therapy, ergogenic aids, nutritional supplements, herbal supplements.
• Excellent time management, organizational, and record keeping skills.
• Knowledge of food service quality and safety practices.
• Serve Safe certified preferred. Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
• Knowledge of resting metabolic rate and energy expenditure as it relates to baseball.
• Self-motivator, ability to work independently as well as within a group This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.