Associate, Business & Legal Affairs
Phase One NetworkNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Phase One Network, Inc. is hiring for the position of Associate, Business & Legal Affairs. Working in the business and legal affairs department, this position will be responsible for handling day-to-day business tasks, negotiating and drafting various agreement types, and engaging with a large number of third party business partners.
· Structure proposals and negotiate and draft various music-related agreements, including, but not limited to, recording agreements, amendments, label deals, joint ventures, consultancies, online promotions, and settlement agreements
· Provide counsel to internal departments and senior management on day-to-day business and legal issues and strategy
· Advise marketing, A&R, promotion, finance, and other departments regarding contractual obligations and restrictions
· Review artwork, label copy, advertising, and other promotional materials/initiatives to advise on legal issues and minimize legal exposure
· Address concerns and propose solutions while balancing legal considerations with business objectives
· Analyze and assess potential risks and propose recommended courses of action
· Respond to requests for information and/or advice from other business units, including contract research and analysis
Candidate must be organized, detail-oriented and thorough, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once. The ideal candidate would have a thorough knowledge of intellectual property and copyright law and licensing practices as they pertain to sound recordings.
· J.D. and active license to practice law in New York State
· 1-3 years of experience in a similar position and industry; at least 1 years of music industry or relevant in-house experience preferred
· Strong negotiating, analytical, and organizational skills
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Deep knowledge of intellectual property and copyright law and licensing practices, as they pertain to the music industry
· Highly organized with an ability to track and prioritize a high volume of projects and adjust to changing priorities.
Phase One Network, Inc. is an independent music and asset management company that operates record labels, publishing, administration, and licensing for over 20,000 recordings and compositions. Looking after music catalogs spanning the 1960s to present and with notable new artists such as the rapper Max B, Phase One has been making an imprint on the music industry.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online