Persona PRLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Persona PR is seeking a full time Account Assistant for our Los Angeles offices. This is a hybrid/remote position. On the ground coverage with clientele (attending premieres, photo shoots, press days, etc.) will be required. 1-2 years of working in talent publicity/entertainment PR is a plus.
The Account Assistant position works hand in hand with the Account Coordinators, Account Managers, Account Executives, Sr. Account Executives, and President/CEO at the firm. They are expected to have basic knowledge of the entertainment PR world, and the desire + passion to grow into publicists at the firm. Account Assistants provide daily, direct support on multiple client accounts, while also serving the firm as a whole distributing information (i.e. updated contacts, researching new media outlets, maintaining databases, event and gifting submissions), learning the ins and outs of the business while lightly pitching clients, sending media coverage, on the ground client coverage (and more).
- Tracking/monitoring client press, sending press placements out to the client in a timely manner.
- Social media support for the Persona PR Instagram (cross posting on Facebook and Twitter), talent submissions for verification and URL changes.
- Looking into updated media contacts for the team & circulating.
- Help to oversee and maintain media contact databases (also assign projects to interns when applicable).
- In person coverage: covering client events, photo shoots, press junkets, and all publicity related activities, staffing red carpet events including award shows, premieres, venue openings and galas when needed.
- Ongoing research, tracking media contact changes, sharing updated contact information with the LA and NYC teams.
- Event submissions for talent and follow up.
- Gifting submissions for talent and follow up.
- Compiling client schedules, sending memos, and handling itineraries.
- Patching client interviews (phone) and listening in, possible junket coverage.
- Reaching out for gifting and branding partnerships for clientele, fashion outreach.
- Help to onboard and oversee interns (when applicable).
- Onboarding new clientele: new client forms, circulating updated rep email lists, archive of previous press + more.
- Brainstorming pitch angles and ideas for clients.
- Learning how to do biographical, pitch, and press release writing.
- Interact and coordinate with studios, networks, labels, talent reps (agents, managers, attorneys), and more.
- Proficient (learning) in Cision, MuckRack, Fashion Monitor, IMDB, and Celebrity Intelligence (and basic Microsoft Office applications)
- Start learning the ins and outs of relationships/knowledge of the hair, make up, and styling agencies (and the individual artists).
- Help with client mood boards, call sheets, and learning how to produce editorial photo shoots for clients from start to finish.
- Help with Electronic Press Kit curation/compilation/finalization with our company in house designer.
- Applicants must be located in the Los Angeles area.
- Own a laptop [MAC preferred].
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a team environment and individually.
- Proficient in Cision/MuckRack. Knowledge of Fashion Monitor and Celebrity Intelligence platforms is a plus.
- Ability to write engaging, press driven materials including: biographies, press releases, pitches, and more.
- Social media savvy on all platforms.
- Flexible hours outside of the required full-time schedule, nights and weekends are frequently requested.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience required in a public relations role, working with talent/in entertainment is a plus.
- General knowledge of the representation world [managers, agents, attorneys].
- College degree preferred.
Medical and dental benefits 100% paid for by Persona PR (Blue Shield PPO). 401K retirement plan with matching + financial wellness resources. Company disability and life insurance benefits 100% paid for by Persona PR. Monthly cell phone/internet reimbursement check for remote workers. Transit benefits (no out of pocket parking expenses). Extended PTO for holidays throughout the year, generous vacation/sick pay policy.
About Persona PR: As one of the most reputable PR firms to emerge in the entertainment business in the past decade, Persona PR has become known for being on the forefront of new advances in media nationally and internationally. From traditional public relations campaigns, to digital strategy, branding, and marketing, we make it our commitment to stay constantly informed in an ever-changing industry.
**Applicants who send generic cover letters without specifics on why they are applying for this particular job & why they want to work in talent representation will not be considered.
**Please do not apply if you are not already in the LA area. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online